Some time ago I created an additional partition having C: and F:. Now I
removed F: and want to use the complete harddisk as C: again.
Using DiskManagement one can see this information:
upper window:
C: Partition Basic NTFS Healthy(System) Capacity: 54,51 GB Free Space: 21,92
GB 40 % free

lower window:
Disk 0 Basic 74,40 GB and it shows one bar for C: with 74,46 GB Size

So what is correct? 54,51 GB or 74,46 GB? The difference is the size of
partition F: which has been removed. What I wanted is 74,46 GB but also the
Explorer says for Properties of C:
Used space 32,5 GB, Free space 21,9 GB and Capacity: 54,5GB

What is wrong and how can I get the full size to be used?

Thanks
Hans-Peter

It shows one bar (in the lower graphical portion) for C: ? And it should
also show a colored bar at top of that same bar, and an end marker to show
hoiw much of the _physical_ disk is in use.
It sounds like you have a partion of ~55GB as C: , with the rest od the disk
unpartitioned, ie. available..

You can create a new partition on that and use it as a another disk (as
you've done before).

To use all space on that 80GB(?) disk, you either have to buy (lease,
steal or borrow) a 3rd party application like Symantec/Norton
PartitionMagic, Acronis DiskDirector or the like (BootItNG is available as
shareware, download, run, create floppy, boot from floppy and cancel
installation)

OR
convert your basic disk to dynamic, create new partition to be seen as part
of C: etc.. (I DON'T RECOMMEND playing around with dynamic disks, as
disaster recovery is a PITA!)

--
Tumppi
Reply to group