Your question
Closed

Age of Conan?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
March 10, 2012 2:18:33 AM

When did this become F2P? and is it any good?

More about : age conan

Best solution

March 11, 2012 6:46:29 AM

Age of conan became F2P when the expansion Unchained came out Summer of 2011 [i think in July]. The game originally came out on May 20, 2008 and it had a monthly subscription of 15$, you can still get "Premium" which is the P2P part of it which the F2P is more of a demo doesn't really get you that far and takes alot of features away.
I personally played the game for about 4 months as a wow replacment until Wotlk came out and this is my opinion of it [Keep in mind this was a few years ago]:

The first few hours of the game the starting area [level 1-17 i believe] was awsome fully voice acted had a pretty cool story and alot of content there BUT once you got out of the starting area no more voice acting and it becomes more of the casual mmo. After the starting area the only thing that really seperates it from other mmos is the comabt system which exists of doing combos to do skills and there are [4 keys at the start 6 later on] to do these combos and it can get fairly intense. The end game is completely generic and there isn't really anything special about it [This could have changed though but i doubt it i think only more content was added].

In my opinion i'd say dont waste your time past the starting area and if you want some awsome combat in a f2p mmo play DC universe online or wait til TERA online [i dont think TERA is F2P though] If you want story telling in an mmo get swtor if you have the money it has a monthly subscription im playing through it right now and im enjoying it alot.
March 11, 2012 1:09:18 PM

FattyPatty said:
Age of conan became F2P when the expansion Unchained came out Summer of 2011 [i think in July]. The game originally came out on May 20, 2008 and it had a monthly subscription of 15$, you can still get "Premium" which is the P2P part of it which the F2P is more of a demo doesn't really get you that far and takes alot of features away.
I personally played the game for about 4 months as a wow replacment until Wotlk came out and this is my opinion of it [Keep in mind this was a few years ago]:

The first few hours of the game the starting area [level 1-17 i believe] was awsome fully voice acted had a pretty cool story and alot of content there BUT once you got out of the starting area no more voice acting and it becomes more of the casual mmo. After the starting area the only thing that really seperates it from other mmos is the comabt system which exists of doing combos to do skills and there are [4 keys at the start 6 later on] to do these combos and it can get fairly intense. The end game is completely generic and there isn't really anything special about it [This could have changed though but i doubt it i think only more content was added].

In my opinion i'd say dont waste your time past the starting area and if you want some awsome combat in a f2p mmo play DC universe online or wait til TERA online [i dont think TERA is F2P though] If you want story telling in an mmo get swtor if you have the money it has a monthly subscription im playing through it right now and im enjoying it alot.

Correct. Tera Online is going to be 20 dollars a month as it stands now, I believe. Personally I think by the time it launches that number might drop to 15 a month but we'll see. Guild Wars 2 on the other hand will be a 1 time purchase with no monthly fee, so that may be worth mentioning.
Score
Related resources
March 11, 2012 1:17:47 PM

Best answer selected by jtbroussard.
Score
March 11, 2012 1:20:05 PM

Ok, thanks for the input. I was really just doing something to kill time till diablo 3. Since I dont want to get back into wow (quit before cata). I beat the into yesterday but if there isn't much after that I appreciate knowing that before I get to into it.

And DC Universe is fun I have it on my PS3 but since going F2P the servers have become wayyyyyy too slow
Score
March 11, 2012 8:50:39 PM

jtbroussard said:
Ok, thanks for the input. I was really just doing something to kill time till diablo 3. Since I dont want to get back into wow (quit before cata). I beat the into yesterday but if there isn't much after that I appreciate knowing that before I get to into it.

And DC Universe is fun I have it on my PS3 but since going F2P the servers have become wayyyyyy too slow
Get The Witcher 2 to kill some time if you haven't already maybe look into torchlight
Score
March 11, 2012 8:52:43 PM

Yea I heard that was good. I will have to look into that.

Also I got Bioshock I and II on sale through steam yesterday for $5 each.
Score
March 11, 2012 8:58:12 PM

jtbroussard said:
Yea I heard that was good. I will have to look into that.

Also I got Bioshock I and II on sale through steam yesterday for $5 each.
i LOVE the Bioshock games make sure you play them in order! if you haven't look into the Mass Effect series! if you play them in order 1-2-3 then that will keep you for around 100-150 hours depending on how fast your playing
Score
March 12, 2012 9:36:59 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!