[PC Gaming] CoD: MW3 Low FPS!

guardavermelho

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
So guys, I'm having a annoying problem with my PC and CoD4, CoD MW2 and MW3. I'm getting 9~30 FPS playing on Singleplayer or Multiplayer.

My gaming rig is:

- AMD FX 8120 (3.1)
- ASUS M5A99X-EVO
- PSU 850W
- 8GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator
- XFX Radeon HD 6870 2GB (dual fan)
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I have tested all that games with my other video card, a HD 4870 and works great! (at least 50 FPS)

Just for a note: Reinstalled Windows 7 at least 4x, reinstalled default and latest vga driver at least 5x each

Can someone help me with this annoying problem? :(

(sorry for the bad english, I'm a brazilian and learned it playing GTA San Andreas for 6 years :) )

Solution
cod 4 only uses 2 threads and hardly uses the second. thats where your cpu falls fat for gaming. your fx has very poor single threaded performance and will bottleneck any gfx card stronger than a gtx 250 when only a single or dual thread is used... sorry you just bought the wrong hardware for gaming im afraid.
your best bet is to to 4.5ghz and hope for the best.

guardavermelho

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Removing the "Shadows" and another option from MW3, I can play it with at least 50 FPS even when something explodes on my face.

DiRT, even I don't liking it, don't need change none of the options to play on good FPS.

I have been looking on the Internet, peoples says that is DirectX thing, another says that is the drivers and I tested all that kind of thing, none of them solve my problem :/

I'm considering that is the video card problem :|

FattyPatty

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
just remember that card isn't the best so dont expect too much out of it you could try reinstalling ONLY the drivers with no catalyst control panel

cod 4 only uses 2 threads and hardly uses the second. thats where your cpu falls fat for gaming. your fx has very poor single threaded performance and will bottleneck any gfx card stronger than a gtx 250 when only a single or dual thread is used... sorry you just bought the wrong hardware for gaming im afraid.
your best bet is to to 4.5ghz and hope for the best.

Solution

guardavermelho

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Man, I don't get it. With all games that's been build on Dx10 or Dx11 everything runs fine.

Every game build on Dx9 have a very poor FPS. I've tested GTA San Andreas, the CoD's... Isn't some driver missing? A driver that's control Dx9?

About downgrade the drivers, I did, nothing change ._.

because there more stressful on the system they will use the available resources efficiently. because older games arnt as demanding they will often not push the gfx which means the card is able to produce huge amounts of frames. so many that the cpu cant cope and basically overloads forcing it to tell the gpu to stop till it can catch up. this is where you see the fps drop to near 0.
so you best stick to demanding games. you will get better overall performance.

joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Actually your problem was an out of Date DX 9. Just because you have the most recent DX 10/11, you still need the most recent DX9 files as well, especially for older games still running in DX9 mode.
Hope this helps!