A7V T-B800 O'C

G

I have the good Asus A7v, but the processor has open bridges...can I really close them using a pencil? If not where can I get one of those special pens? Once the bridges are closed, what should the settings of the jumpers be...I want a stable system and will not adjust the voltage. What is the best speed I can safely achieve?
THANX BROTHERS. DESIGNTEAM.

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey, i just oc'ed my tb 800 a few days ago :)
Yes, all u have to do is connect the L1 bridges with a mechanical pencil.. (good temporary solution) but it you want a more permanent sol' go and get a conductive pen....
but either works ok.

As to not have to up the voltages? Well, i think it depends on the type of chip u have, as i've heard of some people getting 50 - 100 Mhz more without adjusting the voltage.
Me? I had to max out my voltage to get 800 -> 950, 9.5 Multiplier x 100 FSB (running at 1.85 volts) but i'm still looking for that extra 50 Mhz..heh

As for the dipswitch settings for the multiplier, well there are alot, but they are all in your manual... assuming you got one...

hope this helps...

G

Thanks a lot JOJO, I will try it with a pencin, and now I found my manual I know the settings, and will put up the voltage too. How is your system? Everything fine, and a very noticable improvement? Your advice would be welcome, I'm new to this stuff!

DESIGN TEAM

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yeah, everything's running great.... not a problem with anything yet and a nice improvement too....
Ran some benchmarks b4 and after and big improvement (not huge but nice)

also make sure u have a lot of cooling... i have 3 case fans (not including power fan) , vid card fan and heat sink fan.

My cpu is nice and cold at 33C idle....