OC'ing my T-bird 1ghz

G

I'm building a new system with the following specs:
1000mhz T-Bird
ASUS A7V Motherboard
128mb PC133 RAM
Tornado 1000 case

This whole jumper-free mode is confusing me as to how I can overclock it. I don't want to risk too much, so was thinking along the order of overclocking to 1.1ghz or at most 1.2 if it will run stable. Can I do this strictly through BIOS by changing the bus frequency from 100mhz to 110mhz? Also, would I get a system performance boost by changing my DRAM frequency to 133 from 100? Thanks for any help that you can provide.

G

Oh yeah...forgot to mention that I'm an idiot. So you can bonk me on the head for my stupidity.

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
first of all, since you have pc133 memory you definately want to run the memory at 133mhz. but remember, the memory bus and fsb are set separately on the t-bird boards. before overclocking you want to run the fsb (host clock) at 100mhz (which is ddr so it is effectively 200mhz) and the memory clock at the host clock + 33mhz (for a total of 133mhz). you also want to use the 10x multiplier (10x100=1000). to overclock it, you have to unlock the multiplier using the pencil trick and with jumper free boards you can change it in the bios. you can probably overclock the fsb a bit but i wouldn't expect more than 105mhz out of the fsb. as far as your second post, not knowing this stuff doesn't make you an idiot but if you can't follow what i said or it sounds too confusing, you might want to read up on this some more before you start messing with things...