Reference Memory errors

Hi all,
We are currently experiencing a rash of computers receiving various
reference memory errors. One of the main ones would be:
iexplore.exe 0x10003e8d reference memory error, but this isn't the only
application receiving them. Any ideas what could be causing this on say 30 -
40 PCs on a regular basis. Oh, and the iexplore.exe errors can appear whe IE
isn't even open.

Cheers,

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:DE6ED790-A89A-4E61-8E98-039528D40B8F@microsoft.com,
Icarus <Icarus@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hi all,
> We are currently experiencing a rash of computers receiving various
> reference memory errors. One of the main ones would be:
> iexplore.exe 0x10003e8d reference memory error, but this isn't the
> only application receiving them. Any ideas what could be causing this
> on say 30 - 40 PCs on a regular basis. Oh, and the iexplore.exe
> errors can appear whe IE isn't even open.
>
> Cheers,

The symptoms make me think malware - something that's managed to infest all
of them. I don't have much on the site - unless you want to go PC to PC -
but here's some general cleaning information that you can use. If you have
good end-users maybe you can get them to check it themselves? :D

Malware Cleaning :
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

Galen

Sherlock Holmes