Warning in event viewer:Application

Running Earthlinks TotalAccess Software on my xp, I find Event Viewer
showing a warning relating to detection of product feature of TA Core
component failed, and the resource
'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\UpdateService' does not exist.
I uninstalled all related to Totalaccess and reinstalled, but still get
this
ongoing 'Warning!'. Everything works fine, but I cant figure out what
component TA Core is looking for and why. And looking in the registry,
under
key above, there is nothing there, as stated.
Any suggestions?

When you uninstalled / reinstalled did you disable your anti-virus
software?

Can you post a copy of the error report from Event Viewer.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Raymond Lapointe" <rayl@gate.net> wrote in message
> Running Earthlinks TotalAccess Software on my xp, I find Event Viewer
> showing a warning relating to detection of product feature of TA Core
> component failed, and the resource
> 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\UpdateService' does not
> exist.
> I uninstalled all related to Totalaccess and reinstalled, but still
> get
> this
> ongoing 'Warning!'. Everything works fine, but I cant figure out what
> component TA Core is looking for and why. And looking in the registry,
> under
> key above, there is nothing there, as stated.
> Any suggestions?

Well, heres the story about that. Trying to uninstall TA in the first
place,
evidently left lots of files it couldnt remove.
I did, of course, export all my adress bk and archive files with no
problem.
When I rtried to reinstall, I got the message 'A newer version of
Totalaccess is already installed, installation aborted'. This was from
original disk. Next I went to the registry and deleted everything I could
find pertaining to TA, and when I rebooted, the installer for TA started
on
its own to configure and installed TA. I didnt have a chance to disable
Norton or Firewall, and was relieved that it all loaded and ran correctly,
again, except for this warning still being here.
Clarification on 'Warning' msg: 1st it states as I noted then it moves on
declare that the feature 'Mailbox' failed and the key I mentioned doesn't
exist.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1004
Date: 9/11/2005
Time: 9:35:19 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: VALUED-B8142DE8
Detection of product '{7797C70B-11EB-446A-9B1E-3D9039DB581F}', feature
'TACore', component '{5CC2D105-DDDD-4EC4-8B74-750194E57B99}' failed. The
resource 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\UpdateService\' does
not
exist.
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 9/11/2005
Time: 9:35:19 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: VALUED-B8142DE8
Detection of product '{7797C70B-11EB-446A-9B1E-3D9039DB581F}', feature
'TACore' failed during request for component
'{0B5D3A95-AD2A-4995-B0EB-F90ABDAA6970}'

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1004
Date: 9/11/2005
Time: 9:35:19 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: VALUED-B8142DE8
Detection of product '{CD1CD48D-7B18-4254-B43D-AEAB704AB063}', feature
'MailBox', component '{5CC2D105-DDDD-4EC4-8B74-750194E57B99}' failed. The

Date: 9/11/2005
Time: 9:35:19 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: VALUED-B8142DE8
Detection of product '{CD1CD48D-7B18-4254-B43D-AEAB704AB063}', feature
'MailBox' failed during request for component
'{D63F75DD-A0BA-4F10-8EFB-90CE24836B4C}'