Warning in event viewer:Application

Running Earthlinks TotalAccess Software on my xp, I find Event Viewer
showing a warning relating to detection of product feature of TA Core
component failed, and the resource
'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\UpdateService' does not exist.
I uninstalled all related to Totalaccess and reinstalled, but still get
this
ongoing 'Warning!'. Everything works fine, but I cant figure out what
component TA Core is looking for and why. And looking in the registry,
under
key above, there is nothing there, as stated.
Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about warning event viewer application

    When you uninstalled / reinstalled did you disable your anti-virus
    software?

    Can you post a copy of the error report from Event Viewer.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Raymond Lapointe" <rayl@gate.net> wrote in message
    > Running Earthlinks TotalAccess Software on my xp, I find Event Viewer
    > showing a warning relating to detection of product feature of TA Core
    > component failed, and the resource
    > 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\UpdateService' does not
    > exist.
    > I uninstalled all related to Totalaccess and reinstalled, but still
    > get
    > this
    > ongoing 'Warning!'. Everything works fine, but I cant figure out what
    > component TA Core is looking for and why. And looking in the registry,
    > under
    > key above, there is nothing there, as stated.
    > Any suggestions?

    Well, heres the story about that. Trying to uninstall TA in the first
    place,
    evidently left lots of files it couldnt remove.
    I did, of course, export all my adress bk and archive files with no
    problem.
    When I rtried to reinstall, I got the message 'A newer version of
    Totalaccess is already installed, installation aborted'. This was from
    original disk. Next I went to the registry and deleted everything I could
    find pertaining to TA, and when I rebooted, the installer for TA started
    on
    its own to configure and installed TA. I didnt have a chance to disable
    Norton or Firewall, and was relieved that it all loaded and ran correctly,
    again, except for this warning still being here.
    Clarification on 'Warning' msg: 1st it states as I noted then it moves on
    declare that the feature 'Mailbox' failed and the key I mentioned doesn't
    exist.

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: MsiInstaller
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1004
    Date: 9/11/2005
    Time: 9:35:19 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: VALUED-B8142DE8
    Detection of product '{7797C70B-11EB-446A-9B1E-3D9039DB581F}', feature
    'TACore', component '{5CC2D105-DDDD-4EC4-8B74-750194E57B99}' failed. The
    resource 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\UpdateService\' does
    not
    exist.
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: MsiInstaller
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1001
    Date: 9/11/2005
    Time: 9:35:19 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: VALUED-B8142DE8
    Detection of product '{7797C70B-11EB-446A-9B1E-3D9039DB581F}', feature
    'TACore' failed during request for component
    '{0B5D3A95-AD2A-4995-B0EB-F90ABDAA6970}'

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: MsiInstaller
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1004
    Date: 9/11/2005
    Time: 9:35:19 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: VALUED-B8142DE8
    Detection of product '{CD1CD48D-7B18-4254-B43D-AEAB704AB063}', feature
    'MailBox', component '{5CC2D105-DDDD-4EC4-8B74-750194E57B99}' failed. The

    Date: 9/11/2005
    Time: 9:35:19 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: VALUED-B8142DE8
    Detection of product '{CD1CD48D-7B18-4254-B43D-AEAB704AB063}', feature
    'MailBox' failed during request for component
    '{D63F75DD-A0BA-4F10-8EFB-90CE24836B4C}'

    "Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message
    > When you uninstalled / reinstalled did you disable your anti-virus
    > software?
    >
    > Can you post a copy of the error report from Event Viewer.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Gerry
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > FCA
    >
    > Using invalid email address
    >
    > Stourport, Worcs, England
    > Enquire, plan and execute.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Please tell the newsgroup how any
    > suggested solution worked for you.
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >
    > "Raymond Lapointe" <rayl@gate.net> wrote in message
    >> Running Earthlinks TotalAccess Software on my xp, I find Event Viewer
    >> showing a warning relating to detection of product feature of TA Core
    >> component failed, and the resource
    >> 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\UpdateService' does not
    exist.
    >> I uninstalled all related to Totalaccess and reinstalled, but still get
    >> this
    >> ongoing 'Warning!'. Everything works fine, but I cant figure out what
    >> component TA Core is looking for and why. And looking in the registry,
    >> under
    >> key above, there is nothing there, as stated.
    >> Any suggestions?

Event Viewer Components Software Windows XP