Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 install on SSD issues

Last response: in Windows 7
October 9, 2010 10:14:33 PM

Hi, I was having a hard time getting windows 7 to install correctly on an intel 40gb ssd so i hooked it up to another computer and it installed without a problem. I put it back into the computer it is going in, and it gets to the "windows is loading" black screen and it starts a loop reseting itself. I am currently about to flash the bios because im all out ideas. If anyone has seen this or has any suggestions, that would greatly be appreciated.

socket 775 Asus PN5-D mobo
bios v 601
October 9, 2010 11:29:13 PM

It is crashing because of driver issues. Do a repair install with the SSD connected to the PC you are trying to get it to load on.
October 10, 2010 6:09:33 AM

I tried to do a repair, it said it couldn't find an issue automatically.
Related resources
October 10, 2010 7:34:26 AM

alloyd02 said:
Hi, I was having a hard time getting windows 7 to install correctly on an intel 40gb ssd so i hooked it up to another computer and it installed without a problem. I put it back into the computer it is going in, and it gets to the "windows is loading" black screen and it starts a loop reseting itself. I am currently about to flash the bios because im all out ideas. If anyone has seen this or has any suggestions, that would greatly be appreciated.

socket 775 Asus PN5-D mobo
bios v 601

If I understand right, you can't even begin the setup procedure ??
October 10, 2010 3:37:14 PM

I am not surprised the computer you want to install the 40Gb ssd locked up when loading windows.

What you will have to do is put the ssd back into the machine you installed windows from.
then remove all of the drivers in device manager.
Once done shut down windows.
Take the ssd out of that computer.
Then install it back to the one you want to use it in.
Drivers form mainboard to mainboard cause windows to lockup.
October 10, 2010 6:49:33 PM

I had it hooked up to 2 different computers and works fine on both. I just uninstalled all Windows drivers, but the result is still the self reseting loop.
October 10, 2010 11:27:00 PM

^ Is the computer you are trying to install this on set to AHCI in the BIOS? Make sure it's not is IDE mode.
!