Sign in with
Your question

$15 to spend on a Steam game, What should I get?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Steam
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
March 10, 2012 8:03:01 PM

I have about $15 credit to spend on Steam. What game should I get? I'd spend $20 or so extra if it looked like a good game.

EDIT: I was just looking at Steam and Arma II and Civilization 5 both caught my eye. Any thoughts?

More about : spend steam game

March 10, 2012 8:32:57 PM

Well, Bioshock 1 and 2 are on sale for 4.99 apiece today. If you haven't played them, I would say maybe get those 2 for 10 and save 5 bucks.
m
l
March 10, 2012 10:31:49 PM

Get Company of Heroes the complete pack, as it has great replay value and a massive modding community.
m
l
Related resources
March 11, 2012 1:07:50 AM

ARMA 2, if you don't know is a Combat/War Simulator with very good features, and its probably one of the hardest games I've ever played, if your not patient. But also one of my favourite games all of time

CIV 5 I only play with friends so. I cant say to much because we usually just have a good time. Basic CIV game. (never played any other one)

-Mithness
m
l
March 11, 2012 1:17:08 AM

I just saw Bioshock on sale. Was debating on this. Never played. I just finished Mass Effect 2 which was the last game from my Holiday bought games. Any thoughts on these two? Seems like they rated high.
m
l
March 11, 2012 1:50:31 AM

jay2tall said:
I just saw Bioshock on sale. Was debating on this. Never played. I just finished Mass Effect 2 which was the last game from my Holiday bought games. Any thoughts on these two? Seems like they rated high.

Bioshock is a game where even though the tech is years old, the art style is so great that it still looks beautiful. The environment makes the game. The characters that you'll encounter are also great, and there is a cool moment of revelation in the game. Bioshock 2 is perhaps not everything that the first Bioshock was, but it is good in a lot of different ways and the environment is in some ways even better because Rapture (the place where you experience the game) has gone from bad to worse.

For 4.99 apiece I think these are great purchases if you have not played them.
m
l
March 11, 2012 1:53:56 AM

I have gotten into this kick to try and go back to play games I wish I did. And at the $4.99 deal prices that pop up on Steam, how could I not? I've tried to shelve BF3 for a while. I was getting angry at some of the playing styles of others and it just wasn't fun anymore. I figure a good break from that is what I need.
m
l
March 11, 2012 3:01:06 AM

Ok Purchased. If I don't play them now I will play them later. I watched some reviews and generally everyone enjoys the game.

To the Ops. You can always hold out for tomorrow and see what they have on the deal block. Weekend Deals are great. Holiday deals are even better.
m
l
March 11, 2012 3:18:35 AM

jay2tall said:
Ok Purchased. If I don't play them now I will play them later. I watched some reviews and generally everyone enjoys the game.

To the Ops. You can always hold out for tomorrow and see what they have on the deal block. Weekend Deals are great. Holiday deals are even better.

Don't worry, each of the Bioshock games are among the best possible ways to spend $4.99.
m
l
March 11, 2012 6:10:21 AM

Dungeon Defenders if you have friends to play with, its a tower defense action rpg-y with a great art style.

Bastion would be my second choice its a single playe story telling game with cool combat and one of the coolest art styles it has an awsome Narrator and is one of my favorite indies of all time

-Never played any arma but it has my interest
-Love Civ 5 but i do think Civ 4 is my favorite of the civ games
m
l
!