Method for better gaming connection (proven method?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluhavoc13

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
so when ever i play A.V.A or any online games for that matter i lag alot and every hates me for lag killing them. Its not really fun running into wall either :/

i used to have the really bad shaw lite speed internet which is REALLY bad, and have recently switched to the beastly broadband 50 though i dont lag as often i still lose connection and have some lag in high traffic times.

So i went online and did some research about how to reduce ping/latency and found some videos and articles telling me about the same method but all with some variants.

here is one example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5fjysf-hUw

but in other videos and article i've even seen people do somthing with the MSQM and even add TcpNoDelay into there as well.

Last bit is if im running a 64 bit system do i have to use Qword instead of Dword?

i would test this if i could, but my old system broke down and i just ordered the parts for a new one but i wont get it for awhile. im currently stuck on a really bad computer that can barely run solitaire xD so i cant test this.

if there are any people willing to test this or already know the answer please help thank you ^.^

Also this in theory works with any internet based games

Solution
These registry edits were very popular when i was heavily into WoW.

i found tho they would show a better ping in game, there was still the same amount of lag. so they fool u into thinking its a better connection.

As was mentioned before. Its up to your ISP and the game host to get ur ping. changes on your PC have next to 0 effect.

FattyPatty

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Just stay away from high ping servers is my advice i wouldn't go into the registry and mess around in there

FattyPatty

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
i would search around the internet before going into the regeistry but you could delete it afterwards ONLY if you create something dont go and delete something you edit

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
These registry edits were very popular when i was heavily into WoW.

i found tho they would show a better ping in game, there was still the same amount of lag. so they fool u into thinking its a better connection.

As was mentioned before. Its up to your ISP and the game host to get ur ping. changes on your PC have next to 0 effect.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.