Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Method for better gaming connection (proven method?)

Last response: in Video Games
March 11, 2012 4:47:52 AM

so when ever i play A.V.A or any online games for that matter i lag alot and every hates me for lag killing them. Its not really fun running into wall either :/ 

i used to have the really bad shaw lite speed internet which is REALLY bad, and have recently switched to the beastly broadband 50 though i dont lag as often i still lose connection and have some lag in high traffic times.

So i went online and did some research about how to reduce ping/latency and found some videos and articles telling me about the same method but all with some variants.

here is one example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5fjysf-hUw

but in other videos and article i've even seen people do somthing with the MSQM and even add TcpNoDelay into there as well.

Last bit is if im running a 64 bit system do i have to use Qword instead of Dword?

i would test this if i could, but my old system broke down and i just ordered the parts for a new one but i wont get it for awhile. im currently stuck on a really bad computer that can barely run solitaire xD so i cant test this.

if there are any people willing to test this or already know the answer please help thank you ^.^

Also this in theory works with any internet based games
March 11, 2012 7:38:58 AM

bluhavoc13 said:
so when ever i play A.V.A or any online games for that matter i lag alot and every hates me for lag killing them. Its not really fun running into wall either :/ 

i used to have the really bad shaw lite speed internet which is REALLY bad, and have recently switched to the beastly broadband 50 though i dont lag as often i still lose connection and have some lag in high traffic times.

So i went online and did some research about how to reduce ping/latency and found some videos and articles telling me about the same method but all with some variants.

here is one example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5fjysf-hUw

but in other videos and article i've even seen people do somthing with the MSQM and even add TcpNoDelay into there as well.

Last bit is if im running a 64 bit system do i have to use Qword instead of Dword?

i would test this if i could, but my old system broke down and i just ordered the parts for a new one but i wont get it for awhile. im currently stuck on a really bad computer that can barely run solitaire xD so i cant test this.

if there are any people willing to test this or already know the answer please help thank you ^.^

Also this in theory works with any internet based games
Just stay away from high ping servers is my advice i wouldn't go into the registry and mess around in there
Score
March 11, 2012 4:49:21 PM

would eleting the things added reset it? caus i would test it if i could reverse it...but im not so techy so i dont wanna screw anything up
Score
Related resources
March 11, 2012 8:24:32 PM

bluhavoc13 said:
would eleting the things added reset it? caus i would test it if i could reverse it...but im not so techy so i dont wanna screw anything up
i would search around the internet before going into the regeistry but you could delete it afterwards ONLY if you create something dont go and delete something you edit
Score
March 11, 2012 10:57:02 PM

okay then i guess its okay cause its adding to things?
Score
March 11, 2012 11:01:37 PM

Usually there is nothing you can tweak that makes that big of a difference. It's always a combination of your ISP and the server that is hosting the connection for the game.
Score
March 12, 2012 12:26:53 AM

bluhavoc13 said:
okay then i guess its okay cause its adding to things?
try it if it doesn't improve then delete it and stay away from high ping servers
Score
March 12, 2012 1:32:22 AM

one more thing, ill be running a 64 bit system so q word instead of d word right?
Score

Best solution

March 12, 2012 2:01:41 AM

These registry edits were very popular when i was heavily into WoW.

i found tho they would show a better ping in game, there was still the same amount of lag. so they fool u into thinking its a better connection.

As was mentioned before. Its up to your ISP and the game host to get ur ping. changes on your PC have next to 0 effect.
March 12, 2012 2:55:10 PM

Best answer selected by bluhavoc13.
Score
March 12, 2012 3:53:15 PM

For people running Windows Vista and WLAN, disabling the Background Scan actually does help very much. ;) 

Possible with WLAN Optimizer or VBGScan (while the later one does just that, just fine).
Score
March 12, 2012 9:38:09 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!