Defrag and chkdsk problem together

I have been trying to help my friend with his computer. I did check disk on
it and it went fine. I went to do defrag and it says that "disk defragmenter
has detected that chkdsk is scheduled to run on Volume; (C:) please run
chkdsk /f."
Have checked Scheduled Tasks and checkdisk is not listed on schedule.
How can I get defrag to run and get checkdisk to let defrag to run?
--
Sincerely, Tammie Busch
http://www.fullofjoyenterprises.com

    Reboot the computer. Allow chkdsk to run. Reboot again. Run the
    defragmenting program.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "Tammie Busch" <TammieBusch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been trying to help my friend with his computer. I did check disk
    >on
    > it and it went fine. I went to do defrag and it says that "disk
    > defragmenter
    > has detected that chkdsk is scheduled to run on Volume; (C:) please run
    > chkdsk /f."
    > Have checked Scheduled Tasks and checkdisk is not listed on schedule.
    > How can I get defrag to run and get checkdisk to let defrag to run?
    > --
    > Sincerely, Tammie Busch
    > http://www.fullofjoyenterprises.com
    > http://thedollarbusch.mydollarshop.com

    "Tammie Busch" <TammieBusch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been trying to help my friend with his computer. I did check disk
    >on
    > it and it went fine. I went to do defrag and it says that "disk
    > defragmenter
    > has detected that chkdsk is scheduled to run on Volume; (C:) please run
    > chkdsk /f."
    > Have checked Scheduled Tasks and checkdisk is not listed on schedule.
    > How can I get defrag to run and get checkdisk to let defrag to run?
    > --
    > Sincerely, Tammie Busch
    > http://www.fullofjoyenterprises.com
    > http://thedollarbusch.mydollarshop.com

    Navigate to this key in your registry.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
    Manager.
    change the BootExecute to read autocheck autochk*.

    That should fix it.

Chkdsk Defragment Windows XP