Error while installing Most games

savey

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
I am facing this weird issue, whenever i try to install games, an error shows up saying the installation media is corrupt and that the files on the installation media do not match the ones in the setup. the options available are abort, retry and ignore. clicking on try makes the error pop up again after sometime and if i click ignore, a few games do get installed but do not run at all. what could be the reason behind such a problem? while installing mass effect 2 i did get an error saying mass effect 2 installation failed and it just allows you to click on the finish button. same goes for Driver San Francisco, after sometime it says installation failed adn tells me to view the install log. I am very sure that the installation media is not corrupt as their are no scratches or anything on the DVDs. anyody has any idea what could be causing such an issue?

waspzz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
If the DVD is ok and Most games are affected, this can be isolated to your DVD ROM. Maybe it cant read most of the games that your trying to install.

Try using a different DVD rom. =)

savey

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
I have tried copying all the contents of the DVDs to the hard drive.....everything gets copied properly without any hassles but then again the installation shows the same errors.....can the RAM be the culprit? I am very sure the DVD Rom is not at fault. the system is just 20 days old and the DVD ROM can read everything and copy everything from all the discs, its just that the installations get interrupted in between coz of something that i cant figure out.

DM186

Splendid
Could you post all of your spec's. Since your rig is 20 days old. Do you have all of the drivers up to date for eveything? Have you tried to play a movie? It does sound like something is not compatible.

If you could try swapping out your DVD/CD rom with another one or someone's you know. The only other thing could be your hard drive is corrupt. Anyway please answer the questions and repost, thanks

Okay, are these home-made cd/dvd(s)?

savey

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
The full system specs are -
I5 2500K @4.5GHz
MSI Z68A GD65 B3
GSkill Sniper 8GB(4GBX2)
HIS Radeon HD6970 2GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Cooler Master HAF932
Cooler Master V10
Tacens Supero 1000Watts Modular power supply
Asus DVD-RW
BenQ G2420HD
Logitech kb and mouse combo
APC 1.1KVa UPS.
thats it. Regarding movies, they all work flawlessly. The system handles everything i throw at it, the only problem seems to be with the installations and that too with games, they all get interrupted in between and the same discs when used on my laptop, they all work without any hiccups. Are you sure that the DVD Rom and the hdd only can be the culprits? I mean no possibility at all of the RAM being bad? thanks

savey

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
The DVDs are not home made. they all work on other systems, its just my new system that has a problem with reading them and then installing the games. all the data on these DVDs gets copied without any errors at all but then again when i try to install the game from the location where i had copied all the contents, the same errors pop up.

savey

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Even when i try to install games from the DVD Contents copied to an extarnal HDD, i still get the same error. Its just that sometimes the error pops up in the beginning only and sometimes it takes place later.Any suggestions anybody? regarding what all could i possibly do to rule out different possibilities behind the issue one by one....plz

DM186

Splendid
Yeah I was going to suggest reinstalling windows as danny did. Wipe eveything clean then reinstall your OS. The info you are telling us sounds just like that is the problem.

If it was ram it would affect eveything not just downloading a game. If it was your hard drive, again it would affect everything. DVD/CD rom. It would affect eveything. Then rule out GPU and PSU. What is left?

Besides the MOBO and bios. You have softwear.

savey

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
ISSUE RESOLVED!! Finally, i testes both the modules of RAM individually and figured out that one of them was just giving errors and errors(about 250000 errors and not even a single pass) in Memtest86. so it was sure that the module was faulty and will need replacement. For now im using the other module and everything is running fine. Was able to install everything withut any errors at all and this module also passes Memtest86 without a single error. Hence problem solved, I will get the whole Kit(4GBX2) replaced with a new one. anyways Thanks a lot for the help guys. and Mods please close the thread as the problem has been solved