RunCore Makes 1TB SATA 6 Gbps 3.5-inch SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexie

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Well there's at least 2 empty 5 1/4" drive are in my computer. So why are not any body is not interested in making 5 1/4" SSD drives?
I was looking to find a 3.5" drive SSD but $1000 or more is not affordable for me at all because SSD drives have an ending time. At final you can't write into but you can read data.
I think they must solve this problem at first. Also do you think that this drive will support TRIM or any new technology - with update -?

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]vectorm12[/nom]I'd actually be curious to find out if that thing is TRIM compatible[/citation]

Doubt it - as although this is internal RAID, its still RAID, and AFAIK, no current raid tech supports TRIM. If it did, THAT would be big news and you can bet they'd advertise it.

The obligatory disclaimer:
"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
So once again, how does this make me want to buy it? Hello HD makers, lower your prices so that people can actually afford them. This would be worth it if it was say, less than 300.

iboomer

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
QOUTE: Tell power companies to stop causing otuages to memory manufacturers.

Tell the memory manufacturers to stop being cheap S.O.B.'s and start spending what they need to spend to make sure that they don't have power interuptions.

Be0wulf22

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
[citation][nom]iboomer[/nom]QOUTE: Tell power companies to stop causing otuages to memory manufacturers.

Tell the memory manufacturers to stop being cheap S.O.B.'s and start spending what they need to spend to make sure that they don't have power interuptions.[/citation]

Which then drives up the price of the drives again.

ivanlucrazy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Wow, some of the comments are just..... If you want to drive the latest Mercedes, are you going to buy it at the price of a Civic? It's idiotic to say that "this is too expensive" or "lower the price and then I'll buy it" or some similar thing. If you want the newest , you will always have to pay for it. This is not fantasy land.

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ivanlucrazy[/nom]Wow, some of the comments are just..... If you want to drive the latest Mercedes, are you going to buy it at the price of a Civic? It's idiotic to say that "this is too expensive" or "lower the price and then I'll buy it" or some similar thing. If you want the newest , you will always have to pay for it. This is not fantasy land.[/citation]

^ Pretty much this

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Soon HDs will be a thing of the past... The 1TB HD was introduced Jan 2008... Seems crazy that only a few years later the same capacity was introduced in SSD...

HD's have had a good run... Just waiting a few more years until they are a thing of the past as prices drop and demand skyrockets.

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]alexie[/nom]Well there's at least 2 empty 5 1/4" drive are in my computer. So why are not any body is not interested in making 5 1/4" SSD drives?I was looking to find a 3.5" drive SSD but $1000 or more is not affordable for me at all because SSD drives have an ending time. At final you can't write into but you can read data.I think they must solve this problem at first. Also do you think that this drive will support TRIM or any new technology - with update -?[/citation]
Not sure if I understand you. But you can read AND write data to SSDs, otherwise what would be the point?

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
The improved read/write lifespan of new flash is in the millions, so the lifespan will still probably outlast your other computer components - especially with Win7 being able to recognize SSD's and actually cut down on the read/writing to them.

mavroxur

Distinguished
[citation][nom]alexie[/nom]Well there's at least 2 empty 5 1/4" drive are in my computer. So why are not any body is not interested in making 5 1/4" SSD drives[/citation]

Because the 3.5" to 5.25" adapter tray has already been invented.

1. Buy adapter tray for $5
2. Install SSD into 5.25" bay
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I can barely afford the increasing attractive SSDs at 128GB. I'll keep my current setup of using SSD just for the OS, and HDD for data.

I am very happy with my 30GB SSD. The only issue as you might expect is that Win7 does not fit anymore in 15GB, and Linux is coming very close to it limits.

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
hope the author is right about the 1$=1GB. that would probably be the magic number that sees SSDs take off. I only bought my intel 80gb cause it was 50$. much more than that and it wouldnt have been worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS