Need Help Building/Choosing an overclocked system

This is my first time building not only a system, but building an OC'd system. I want to build a system, thats fast, and cheap. And overclocking seems like a good choice. I am going to buy an overclocked combo from the Overclockerz store(http://ocz.safeshopper.com). The only question is, Which one? The two I am deciding between is the Duron 1000, Abit KT7 Raid, 128 Megs OCZ Ram, and the OCZ Monster 2; or the Extremist Duron 1100, ABit KT7 with the Voltage Mod, 128 Megs Of OCZ Ram and Buy the OCZ Monster 2 Seperately. There is only a 20 dollar difference in the Systems. The Latter being the more expensive. I've installed parts (HDs, CD Drives, Modem, little stuff like that) but never built a system. One of the things I am afraid of Is Mounting the Fan on the CPU... but I think that if I take time and be very careful, I'll be ok. Take into account that this is going to primarily be A Gaming and Websurfing System and that I've never built a system before. The other Components for the system will be an OCZ Geforce MX 2 with Fan and Ram Sinks preinstalled, a Sound Blaster Live! Value sound card, and A Samsung 30 Gig 5600 RPM ATA 66 HD, and its going into this (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1200697645) case most likely. If any more info is needed to help me make this desicion, I'll gladly provide it. I think I am leaning towards the latter, Because the only real benefit the RAID one has to a Home user like me is the native ATA 100 support, but my HD is only ATA 66 anyway and If i get a ATA 100 Drive, I can get an ATA 100 Card if neccesary.But... The First seems easier, I dont think the extra Mhz will make that big of a difference, and The RAID board I heard was more stable... And I dont need to invest in the 70 dollar Controller card later on. And will the OCZ Monster 2 be enough to Cool such an Extreme Overclock? If not, I'll definately go with the first, because I dont want to deal with Peltiers and the like.
2 answers Last reply
More about need building choosing overclocked system
  1. No offence intended my friend, but if you could break this down into some kind of readable format (i.e., paragraphs, separated questions), I'd be glad to take a look. As it is, it's like trying to read an "ingredients" label on a t.v. dinner.

Mike
  2. None taken, I just wanted to get everything in there.. heh
    Well, I made my decision, Because I noticed the 1100 duron had no warranty or guarantee because of the extremity of the overclock. So I am going with the first.. thanks anyway.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs OCZ Overclocking