Sign in with
Your question
Closed

1440x900 vs 1280x1024

Last response: in Video Games
March 12, 2012 3:35:36 PM

Hello,
i want to know which one is better and superior for gaming "1440x900" or "1280x1024", on which one of them i will get better FPS in games?

Thanks in advance

More about : 1440x900 1280x1024

March 12, 2012 3:43:17 PM

Technically 1440x900 is a few less pixels to deal with, which means it's less "work" for your GPU to process. However, it's not much, you probably won't notice a difference.

Also widescreen looks better and is more practical in general.

So 1440x900 all the way.
March 12, 2012 3:54:19 PM

Depends on the monitor, most monitors are now widescreen (its hard to get one which isn't).
Stick with whichever stays in line with the native ratio, otherwise it will looks bad.
Related resources
March 12, 2012 4:02:50 PM

joedastudd said:
Depends on the monitor, most monitors are now widescreen (its hard to get one which isn't).
Stick with whichever stays in line with the native ratio, otherwise it will looks bad.

Native ratio of what? Even though we don't have much information, I suppose he wants to use one monitor and can choose between the two. Since graphic cards have no "native resolution" and can output anything up to whatever that specific card he's using, ... I don't get your point. :) 
March 12, 2012 4:06:34 PM

joedastudd said:

both available in market in used, and i and i am talking about 19" square (1280x1024) and 19" wide (1440x900) i am going to pick one of them.
March 12, 2012 4:08:12 PM

whatsthatnoise said:
Native ratio of what? Even though we don't have much information, I suppose he wants to use one monitor and can choose between the two. Since graphic cards have no "native resolution" and can output anything up to whatever that specific card he's using, ... I don't get your point. :) 

lol exactly :) 

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
March 12, 2012 7:13:11 PM

he was referring to you having a single monitor and choosing between the two resolutions for gaming (in which case a monitor has a native resolution). The fact that you're picking between the two monitors has obviously nothing to do with what joe said as you completely failed to mention that fact in your original post.

So to answer your question with considering the additional information, go with the wide screen, it's the most common format today.
March 12, 2012 7:28:11 PM

AntiZig said:
he was referring to you having a single monitor and choosing between the two resolutions for gaming (in which case a monitor has a native resolution). The fact that you're picking between the two monitors has obviously nothing to do with what joe said as you completely failed to mention that fact in your original post.

So to answer your question with considering the additional information, go with the wide screen, it's the most common format today.

alright thanks :) 
March 12, 2012 7:28:25 PM

Best answer selected by GameATwill.
March 12, 2012 8:10:22 PM

completely depends on what you are using it for....

I never watch films, rarely play games, and i have to say, when i switch from my samsung 1280x1024 to a friends 19" widescreen, i really notice the difference.....

I do a lot of digital photography, which is much closer to 4:3 ratio rather than 16:9, but the thing i notice the most is the loss of vertical resolution - those 130 pixels make a big difference for web browsing, and the spare space at the sides is noticeable.

That said - if you game and watch films - widescreen all the way.
a b 4 Gaming
March 12, 2012 9:38:14 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!