NYT: Windows 8 Tablet to be Introduced at CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
I'd be surprised if Microsoft really showed off a device running a pre-build of Windows 8 at CES. Windows 7 SP1 isn't even out the door yet!

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I have my suspicions that Windows 8 isn't designed for desktop systems, according to leaks it looks more like it's aimed at portable devices.

I think this because:

Speculation about Cloud
Nifty features helpful for smaller screens (I heard somewhere, probably on toms)

Just my $0.02

hiruu

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
Zzzz....ZZzzzzz...M$ was snozzing on the tablet wave, and now has to play catch up, on something they could very well have been at the forefront of...senseless. How the heck do they spend THAT much on R&D and can't get a decent tablet launched? Now we would have to wait for a NEW OS to get tablet functions...Zzzzz...Zzzzzz....snoozing again!

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
way to soon for windows 7, windows 8 as a tablet OS would be a good idea. a full OS that WORKS on a tablet? MS isn't playing catchup, they were just taking their sweet time to release something better.

wesleywatson

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I'm starting to think that Windows 8 is not meant to be Windows 7's replacement, but instead targets a different audience. I think Windows 8 may end up going against Chrome OS, and somewhat the iPad. And also that it will be mainly 64 bit, with basic editions meant for odd hardware that are 32 bit.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
If they keep on releasing the same 1024x600, 1GB of RAM cr@p, I'll never be interested in those tablets. How about 12" 1400x/1600x capacitive t. screen, 4GB of RAM, high speed SDXC card reader... and so on...

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I can't wait until this tablet fad is over with, really. It won't be long. They might be good for business, but that's it. I would like to see maybe a 22" tablet with a foldout keyboard and a stand, if it doesn't exist already. If it's powerful enough for high end games, it MIGHT catch on big time.

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I can't wait until this tablet fad is over with, really. It won't be long. They might be good for business, but that's it. I would like to see maybe a 22" tablet with a foldout keyboard and a stand, if it doesn't exist already. If it's powerful enough for high end games, it MIGHT catch on big time.[/citation]
LOL isn't that called a laptop

G

a 22 inch tablet is already in the works, couldn't find the article. In the long run I think that Hp will be the one that dropped the ball not ms as they don't make computer just software. They already are going to miss the explosion on wp7 devices due 2012 with Nokia and HTC leading the way followed by Dell, Hp could have been on top of that list too. WP7 is out pacing everyone in app development and I think that there's is gonna be a bigger serge with mango coming and all the Nokia partner converts that already have thousand of apps on a different platform who also is getting free Nokia wp7 devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.