Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2000 2:32:34 PM

I have this board and was wondering if someone else does and would be willing to help me overclock the damn thing? I got a Pentium III 700E with cBO stepping in it. Same thing thats in this system. But this system clocks to 950+ and I cant get it past 840 on the AX34. I know that CPU has more head room in it. I just cant seem to get BIOs right or something. Any help would be appreciated!

More about : ax34 pro overclocking

December 15, 2000 5:10:23 PM

I have the same board and a cel 566 that is good to 850+ but on this board 708 is the max I can get, when the jumpers for bus speed range (to the right of the ide connectors) is set to 100-124 the system will not post.
Further, the core voltage for the cpu does not seem to set right. I am continuing to try to figure out what is going on with this board if I get it I will post it here.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
December 16, 2000 3:07:50 AM

Well? Any luck? I think its a AGP/PCI divider issue. But these BIOs suck! I hate them! I should have bought another Asus board. Oh well. Tell me if you figured anything out man.
Related resources
December 18, 2000 12:57:42 PM

The AGP/PCI divider is most likely the problem for my setup the AGP divider would be 1/1 and setting the FSB to 100mhz if the divider does not change to 2/3 then my video card would not run. I have no idea how to set that in the BIOS either. Ya I should have gotten the Asus CUSL2 or the CUV4X. I will check out the BIOS on my lunch break to see if the AGP divider can be changed manualy.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
December 19, 2000 7:39:38 PM

Well get back to me if you figure it out. I am looking all over for some help. No luck so far though. Good luck.
December 22, 2000 1:55:55 AM

No luck no answers. This just sucks on my old board I ran at 850 same procesor same entire setup but the board, but no this board just will not have it ($#%#$^#$^##*) the best I can say is good luck if you ever get it to work let me know @ thesandman@islc.net

sandman
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
January 7, 2001 6:15:26 PM

I think I am gonna ditch this board and go for another Asus. I went cheap on my 2nd comp and it bit me in the ass. That will teach me. I figure I will just pull that board. Maybe drop in a Celery II. If i cant get anything to go over 120 FSB then I will just drop in a 66 mhz Celeron and then push it to 120 FSB. Hehe. SUCK ME AOPEN! Asus CUSL2 or Asus CUV4X is looking pretty good. Good luck to ya.
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
January 7, 2001 11:45:05 PM

Should go to 933 at 133 bus at 1.70-1.75v. Don't know what chipset you have, but the 815E boards jump down to 1/2 AGP 1/4 PCI dividers when you hit 133. If you want to replace the board, the CUSL2-C has the best reputation.
!