System Restore

I was wondering is there anyway to backup system restore points to
another partition or another hard drive. If not is norton ghost the
best backup option if I wanted to do image AND incrememental backups?
3 answers Last reply
More about system restore

    Sounds like you're confusing system restore with backing up. The two are
    very different. Restore points were not intended to be stored outside the
    system partition.

    Norton Ghost is an example of disc imaging software. Other popular imaging
    programs include Acronis' True Image and Terabyte's Image for Windows. There
    are very many backup programs, including Windows XP's own Ntbackup. Although
    disc imaging software and backup software can both be used for backups, they
    work in different ways. Only you can decide what's best for you.

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "Maurice Samueks" <mpsamuels01@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I was wondering is there anyway to backup system restore points to
    > another partition or another hard drive. If not is norton ghost the
    > best backup option if I wanted to do image AND incrememental backups?

    Hi Maurice,

    Can I permanently save or backup a restore point for later use?
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html#SaveRestorePoints

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Bert Kinney wrote:
    > Hi Maurice,
    >
    > Can I permanently save or backup a restore point for later use?
    > http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html#SaveRestorePoints
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://bertk.mvps.org
    >
    > Maurice Samueks wrote:
    > > I was wondering is there anyway to backup system restore
    > > points to another partition or another hard drive. If not
    > > is norton ghost the best backup option if I wanted to do
    > > image AND incrememental backups?

Backup Microsoft System Restore Windows XP