Registry Cleaner from AMUST - the next generation technology

I'd like to mention that we released the next generation AMUST Registry
Cleaner that will help you fix PC problems, speed up your computer and
will compliment your anti-spyware. Please take a look:
http://www.amustsoft.com/products/registrycleaner/

--
AMUSTSoft
3 answers Last reply

    "AMUSTSoft" <AMUSTSoft.1vev1z@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I'd like to mention that we released the next generation AMUST Registry
    > Cleaner that will help you fix PC problems, speed up your computer and
    > will compliment your anti-spyware. Please take a look:
    > http://www.amustsoft.com/products/registrycleaner/

    You won't find many people here who use or recommend registry cleaners. Most
    of us have seen them cause too many problems.

    Can you provide some links to a 3rd party (other than yourself) test that
    shows that "cleaning" your registry does any good in Windows XP? Does it
    make XP load faster, run better, what are the benefits of a "clean"
    registry? We need proof not just your say so. You will find many experts
    here. Don't be afraid to use technical language.

    Kerry

    Kerry, you are quite right. General effect of all cleaner programs is
    negative because they are made by poorly qualified programmers that are not
    aware of registry specifics. Also, there're a lot of superstitions about the
    registry, and we created an article that should help people make the right
    vision on the registry related issues: 4 Myths about Windows XP Registry
    Cleanup

    http://www.amustsoft.com/products/registrycleaner/myths.asp.

    We are the company that utilizes years of technical expertise of our
    developers and testers who strive to ensure the product is top quality and
    error free.
    Take the registry compact as an example. One of Windows experts, Mark
    Russinovich, mentions its importance in his article "Inside the Registry"
    (http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Articles/ArticleID/5195/pg.html). The
    compact optimizes registry structure and makes your system load and perform
    faster.
    Many of the registry cleaners do have this feature, but none of them have it
    implemented properly. The main concern about compact is to perform it at the
    time when absolutely no processes are accessing the registry to ensure that
    it's really compacted.

    It's quite hard to achieve and in our software we use code injection to
    winlogon module so that our compact routine would be started just a moment
    before the system goes to shutdown or reboot, and there are no other
    processes (including system services) running.
    This is why our registry compact really works and will not do any harm to
    your services configuration and state data.

    Registry compact is just one example of our approach to registry cleaning –
    there are a lot more – COM subsystem, Windows Installer etc. By the way do
    you know any of such products which could restore a deleted registry key with
    its ACL?

    I also would like to mention that our product has already deserved some
    credibility at independent software reviewing sites, for example
    http://www.informationweek.com/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=H3STRJF4RZI0QQSNDBCCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleID=169400185.

    I'll be looking forward to answer any your questions further, and thanks for
    showing interest to our product.

    "AMUSTSoft" <AMUSTSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Kerry, you are quite right. General effect of all cleaner programs is
    > negative because they are made by poorly qualified programmers that are
    > not
    > aware of registry specifics. Also, there're a lot of superstitions about
    > the
    > registry, and we created an article that should help people make the right
    > vision on the registry related issues: 4 Myths about Windows XP Registry
    > Cleanup
    >
    > http://www.amustsoft.com/products/registrycleaner/myths.asp.
    >
    > We are the company that utilizes years of technical expertise of our
    > developers and testers who strive to ensure the product is top quality and
    > error free.
    > Take the registry compact as an example. One of Windows experts, Mark
    > Russinovich, mentions its importance in his article "Inside the Registry"
    > (http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Articles/ArticleID/5195/pg.html). The

    This link has some interesting reading. Unfortunately it was written about
    NT4 while Windows 2000 was in beta. Windows 2000 handles the registry
    different from NT4 and Windows XP is different yet again. Can you provide
    some current links about how the registry works and what your program does
    to solve any problems?

    > compact optimizes registry structure and makes your system load and
    > perform
    > faster.
    > Many of the registry cleaners do have this feature, but none of them have
    > it
    > implemented properly. The main concern about compact is to perform it at
    > the
    > time when absolutely no processes are accessing the registry to ensure
    > that
    > it's really compacted.
    >
    > It's quite hard to achieve and in our software we use code injection to
    > winlogon module so that our compact routine would be started just a moment
    > before the system goes to shutdown or reboot, and there are no other
    > processes (including system services) running.
    > This is why our registry compact really works and will not do any harm to
    > your services configuration and state data.
    >
    > Registry compact is just one example of our approach to registry
    > cleaning -
    > there are a lot more - COM subsystem, Windows Installer etc. By the way do
    > you know any of such products which could restore a deleted registry key
    > with
    > its ACL?
    >
    > I also would like to mention that our product has already deserved some
    > credibility at independent software reviewing sites, for example
    > http://www.informationweek.com/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=H3STRJF4RZI0QQSNDBCCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleID=169400185.

    This link does not provide any empirical data. It is an opinion piece only.
    The author makes quite a point of the fact that although your program has
    the capability to back up the registry it doesn't offer any tools to restore
    it from a catastrophic failure (i.e. registry so corrupted Windows won't
    boot)

    > I'll be looking forward to answer any your questions further, and thanks
    > for
    > showing interest to our product.

    I would like some empirical data about how much using your program speeds up
    Windows, both loading and during normal operation. I would also like some
    data as to how much extra physical available memory is made available on a
    typical pc after using your program. My own testing, with other programs and
    by manual methods, has shown no significant changes to how Windows loads and
    operates by optimizing the hive files. The time to load the files is so
    small I couldn't measure a change in load time. I'm sure it exists but it is
    less than a second which is not significant. I could see no difference in
    the physical memory used by a compacted hive file vs. an uncompacted file.

    Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I am still a skeptic.

    Kerry

Registry Cleaner Next Generation Microsoft Anti Spyware Windows XP