Registry Cleaner from AMUST - the next generation technology

I'd like to mention that we released the next generation AMUST Registry
Cleaner that will help you fix PC problems, speed up your computer and
will compliment your anti-spyware. Please take a look:
http://www.amustsoft.com/products/registrycleaner/

--
AMUSTSoft

"AMUSTSoft" <AMUSTSoft.1vev1z@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> I'd like to mention that we released the next generation AMUST Registry
> Cleaner that will help you fix PC problems, speed up your computer and
> will compliment your anti-spyware. Please take a look:
> http://www.amustsoft.com/products/registrycleaner/

You won't find many people here who use or recommend registry cleaners. Most
of us have seen them cause too many problems.

Can you provide some links to a 3rd party (other than yourself) test that
shows that "cleaning" your registry does any good in Windows XP? Does it
make XP load faster, run better, what are the benefits of a "clean"
registry? We need proof not just your say so. You will find many experts
here. Don't be afraid to use technical language.

Kerry

Kerry, you are quite right. General effect of all cleaner programs is
negative because they are made by poorly qualified programmers that are not
aware of registry specifics. Also, there're a lot of superstitions about the
registry, and we created an article that should help people make the right
vision on the registry related issues: 4 Myths about Windows XP Registry
Cleanup

http://www.amustsoft.com/products/registrycleaner/myths.asp.

We are the company that utilizes years of technical expertise of our
developers and testers who strive to ensure the product is top quality and
error free.
Take the registry compact as an example. One of Windows experts, Mark
Russinovich, mentions its importance in his article "Inside the Registry"
(http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Articles/ArticleID/5195/pg.html). The
compact optimizes registry structure and makes your system load and perform
faster.
Many of the registry cleaners do have this feature, but none of them have it
implemented properly. The main concern about compact is to perform it at the
time when absolutely no processes are accessing the registry to ensure that
it's really compacted.

It's quite hard to achieve and in our software we use code injection to
winlogon module so that our compact routine would be started just a moment
before the system goes to shutdown or reboot, and there are no other
processes (including system services) running.
This is why our registry compact really works and will not do any harm to
your services configuration and state data.

Registry compact is just one example of our approach to registry cleaning –
there are a lot more – COM subsystem, Windows Installer etc. By the way do
you know any of such products which could restore a deleted registry key with
its ACL?

I also would like to mention that our product has already deserved some
credibility at independent software reviewing sites, for example
http://www.informationweek.com/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=H3STRJF4RZI0QQSNDBCCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleID=169400185.

I'll be looking forward to answer any your questions further, and thanks for
showing interest to our product.

"AMUSTSoft" <AMUSTSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Kerry, you are quite right. General effect of all cleaner programs is
> negative because they are made by poorly qualified programmers that are
> not
> aware of registry specifics. Also, there're a lot of superstitions about
> the
> registry, and we created an article that should help people make the right
> vision on the registry related issues: 4 Myths about Windows XP Registry
> Cleanup
>
> http://www.amustsoft.com/products/registrycleaner/myths.asp.
>
> We are the company that utilizes years of technical expertise of our
> developers and testers who strive to ensure the product is top quality and
> error free.
> Take the registry compact as an example. One of Windows experts, Mark
> Russinovich, mentions its importance in his article "Inside the Registry"
> (http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Articles/ArticleID/5195/pg.html). The

This link has some interesting reading. Unfortunately it was written about
NT4 while Windows 2000 was in beta. Windows 2000 handles the registry
different from NT4 and Windows XP is different yet again. Can you provide
some current links about how the registry works and what your program does
to solve any problems?

> compact optimizes registry structure and makes your system load and
> perform
> faster.
> Many of the registry cleaners do have this feature, but none of them have
> it
> implemented properly. The main concern about compact is to perform it at
> the
> time when absolutely no processes are accessing the registry to ensure
> that
> it's really compacted.
>
> It's quite hard to achieve and in our software we use code injection to
> winlogon module so that our compact routine would be started just a moment
> before the system goes to shutdown or reboot, and there are no other
> processes (including system services) running.
> This is why our registry compact really works and will not do any harm to
> your services configuration and state data.
>
> Registry compact is just one example of our approach to registry
> cleaning -
> there are a lot more - COM subsystem, Windows Installer etc. By the way do
> you know any of such products which could restore a deleted registry key
> with
> its ACL?
>
> I also would like to mention that our product has already deserved some
> credibility at independent software reviewing sites, for example
> http://www.informationweek.com/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=H3STRJF4RZI0QQSNDBCCKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleID=169400185.

This link does not provide any empirical data. It is an opinion piece only.
The author makes quite a point of the fact that although your program has
the capability to back up the registry it doesn't offer any tools to restore
it from a catastrophic failure (i.e. registry so corrupted Windows won't
boot)

> I'll be looking forward to answer any your questions further, and thanks
> for
> showing interest to our product.

I would like some empirical data about how much using your program speeds up
Windows, both loading and during normal operation. I would also like some
data as to how much extra physical available memory is made available on a
typical pc after using your program. My own testing, with other programs and
by manual methods, has shown no significant changes to how Windows loads and
operates by optimizing the hive files. The time to load the files is so
small I couldn't measure a change in load time. I'm sure it exists but it is
less than a second which is not significant. I could see no difference in
the physical memory used by a compacted hive file vs. an uncompacted file.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I am still a skeptic.

Kerry