Please help i have a virus!

Well, I have to virusus that i cannot get rid-of, wininet.dll is infected
with W32.Desktophijack. And oleext.dll with Trojan.Desktophijack. I have and
ran Norton Antivirus and is Up-to-date. When I ran a full system scan it
wasn't able to repair or delete the infected files. Well i followed the
direction's on how to correct the registery editor but none of the key's and
values showed up. All of this while having system restore turned off. The
message I got was click yes or no. Then on the desktop the message Warning
your computer maybe infected with spyware... I then downloaded Ad-Aware, ran
a full system scan and deleted over 140 registry key's and values. Restarted
computer and the message on desktop was clear. But, When running Nortan again
it still came up with the same to desktophijacke virusus and am not able to
repair or delete. Well, I have to virusus that i cannot get rid-of,
wininet.dll is infected with W32.Desktophijack. And oleext.dll with
Trojan.Desktophijack. I have and ran Norton Antivirus and is Up-to-date. When
I ran a full system scan it wasn't able to repair or delete the infected
files. Well i followed the direction's on how to correct the registery editor
but none of the key's and values showed up. All of this while having system
restore turned off. The message I got was click yes or no. Then on the
desktop the message Warning your computer maybe infected with spyware... I
then downloaded Ad-Aware, ran a full system scan and deleted over 140
registry key's and values. Restarted computer and the message on desktop was
clear. But, When running Nortan again it still came up with the same to
desktophijacke virusus and am not able to repair or delete. Also I have SP2..
The icon(s) on the startup programs taskbar show PSGUARD..When clicking the
icon it show IE. spyware removal wich i know is spyware. I have disabled
Automatic Updates and turned off system restore if this is any help.

Please consult the experts in the virus removal newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Bartsimpson" wrote:

| Well, I have to virusus that i cannot get rid-of, wininet.dll is infected
| with W32.Desktophijack. And oleext.dll with Trojan.Desktophijack. I have and
| ran Norton Antivirus and is Up-to-date. When I ran a full system scan it
| wasn't able to repair or delete the infected files. Well i followed the
| direction's on how to correct the registery editor but none of the key's and
| values showed up. All of this while having system restore turned off. The
| message I got was click yes or no. Then on the desktop the message Warning
| your computer maybe infected with spyware... I then downloaded Ad-Aware, ran
| a full system scan and deleted over 140 registry key's and values. Restarted
| computer and the message on desktop was clear. But, When running Nortan again
| it still came up with the same to desktophijacke virusus and am not able to
| repair or delete. Well, I have to virusus that i cannot get rid-of,
| wininet.dll is infected with W32.Desktophijack. And oleext.dll with
| Trojan.Desktophijack. I have and ran Norton Antivirus and is Up-to-date. When
| I ran a full system scan it wasn't able to repair or delete the infected
| files. Well i followed the direction's on how to correct the registery editor
| but none of the key's and values showed up. All of this while having system
| restore turned off. The message I got was click yes or no. Then on the
| desktop the message Warning your computer maybe infected with spyware... I
| then downloaded Ad-Aware, ran a full system scan and deleted over 140
| registry key's and values. Restarted computer and the message on desktop was
| clear. But, When running Nortan again it still came up with the same to
| desktophijacke virusus and am not able to repair or delete. Also I have SP2..
| The icon(s) on the startup programs taskbar show PSGUARD..When clicking the
| icon it show IE. spyware removal wich i know is spyware. I have disabled
| Automatic Updates and turned off system restore if this is any help.

WindDancer

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2005

try webroots free trial of spysweeper,i have norton aswell but had problems
till i found spysweeper,it found and removed several viruses and spyware etc.
--
jo68