HELP! Can somebody please give me a solution for hiding file extensions for
known file types... even after reboot? I know nobody likes to hide them, but
I do and I have tried EVERYTHING! I have checked it under Folder Options, I
have tried setting it in my registry, I have increased BagMRU Size to 8000+,
I have even tried silly batch files suggested through web page research and
no matter what I do windows xp pro will never remember the setting after
reboot and show the extensions. Is there anyway to fix this annoying problem
so what I set in folder options or in my registry remains as I have set it
after reboot. HELP.

Thank you very much

Kevin

Start, Control Panel, Folder Options. View, Advanced Settings and place
check before "Hide extensions for known file types".

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
FCA