Clearing Start Menu Most Frequently Used Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there any progamatic/automatic way to clear the Most Frequently Used
Programs?

I've got a situation I'm trying to resolve.

XP machine builds, even though nothing has been ran, the user is presented
with the Tour Windows XP & Set Program Access Defaults etc (and another which
I can't remember).

I'm looking for a way to clear the Start Menu's MFU (only needs to be
applied once).

VB Script, a reg hack - anything.

Cheers,

Ben

Prevent a Program From Being Displayed in the Most Frequently Used Programs List
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284198&sd=tech

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_f.htm
Scroll to: Frequently Used Programs

"LBIT" <LBIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any progamatic/automatic way to clear the Most Frequently Used
> Programs?
>
> I've got a situation I'm trying to resolve.
>
> XP machine builds, even though nothing has been ran, the user is presented
> with the Tour Windows XP & Set Program Access Defaults etc (and another which
> I can't remember).
>
> I'm looking for a way to clear the Start Menu's MFU (only needs to be
> applied once).
>
> VB Script, a reg hack - anything.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben

You can have all wanted files deleted/erased automaticly if you'kll have History Killer Pro.