How to overclock my T.Bird 900mhz??

G

I have a Socket A 900mhz Athlon and Asus A7V r.1.02 w/ pc133 ram and would like to overclock. Not really sure how to close L1? bridges or which ones to close and would like to bump up FSB as much as possible. What is the best (or most stable) solution.
Please Help.......

Fenris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The easiest way to unlock the CPU is to close the L1-bridges with a HB-pencil. When it is done, you can set the multiplier as you like.
The FSB of an AMD CPU is not very likely to run above 110 Mhz. I think you can be satisfied with everything above 105!

G

Thanks for helping....I closed all the L1 bridges and set the multiplier for 10x so I was able to hit 1000mhz. I also bumped up the voltage to its max of 1.85v. Everything worked fine except my fan (a thermaltake chrome orb) because my cpu temp at idle is now 57c. During gameplay it goes up to an astounding 63c. I did read tom's article on the best fans for overclocking but have been unable to find them anywhere...Any suggestions??
Thanks for your help.
Justin

Fenris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Go <A HREF="http://www3.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1361" target="_new">there</A>! At the end of the article, you will find some useful information!