Vinny

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004

when I start up windows I want to eliminate the programs that load on start
up. I don't want to delete program completely just on start up. I also
don't want to just hide them on start up. I only want 1-3 program icons next
to the lower left hand corner next to clock. Do you call that space next to
clock the service tray?
--
thanks vinny

The area next to the clock is technically called the System Notification
Area, but it's colloquially known as the 'system tray.'

To prevent a program from starting with Windows, open the program and search
through its menus until you come to the setting where you can tell the
program to not start with Windows.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."