K6-2+ / K6-3+ - Support f. Tyan for Trinity 100 AT

Wol

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As I aked Tyan, if they plan to support the K6+ - CPUs in Trinity 100 AT I got the following answer:
"We are not as of now, but if we get enough calls about it then you will
definitely see a BIOS update for it."

So everebody, mail to tyan and tell them that you wish the Support for the K6+ CPUs!! E. g. to Tech4@tyan.com or an TechSupport2@tyan.com.

I have succesfull runnig the patched Version of J.Steunebrink, but an original BIOS would be better I think. Perhaps we get some other new features with an Update...

G

I know this is an old post but I just found it so I will reply. Although Tyan does not "officially" support the K62+ or K63+ I can tell you from personal experiences that they do in fact work on tyan boards. I am using a K63+ 450 overclocked to 600 (6x100=600) at 2.1 vcore with no problems at all. This is on a Tyan 1598S which is just the ATX version of the sam board you have. The bios recognizes my cpu as a regular K63 rather than a K63+ but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

See the following link to the review of my experience that I posted back in November. Make sure to read my updated version of the review at the end. That is where I was able to reach 600Mhz.

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=624485#624485

rlm

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Tyan not much help. Is there a BIOS update for Tyan S1590 with AMD K6-II/III + CPU's???