Sign in with
Your question

Internet problems after installing BFBC2

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
March 14, 2012 3:19:44 AM

Hey all,

So I've got a really weird problem I'm dealing with. I just bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2 from origin (I know, I know, but it was the cheapest. Also, this was my first purchase from there, so cut me a little slack.)
I go through the installer and everything seems to be going good. I launch the game and go to play online, and get the error "Connection to ea online lost." Ok, so I Google to see what's up. I got a lot of threads from many months ago about this issue, but nothing recent, so it seems that ea has fixed things up on their end. Then, I realize that the problem is probably on my end. Suddenly I notice that my spotify has gone into "offline mode," and my VPN has lost it's connection. Also during this time I tried installing steam, which gives me a "you must be connected to the internet to install...". I have no idea what in the world is going on! I have tried totally disabling all firewalls, setting exceptions for everything I can think of, unplugging Ethernet, restart pc, full shut down/reboot...nothing. The only thing that gets everything working correctly again is system restore, but then I obviously lose battlefield. And the really weird thing, is that my browser is still working great.
I've played Crysis 2 online on the same system with the same internet connection, not a problem at all.

I like to think that I am a somewhat experienced pc user, but this one has got me stumped. And I assure you that my Ethernet connection is working. I'm posting this from Chrome on the same machine, same internet as the above problem is occurring.

During my own searching, I've seen some stuff where ea has you change router settings...I'm on a university network and don't have access to anything like that. But I highly doubt that that is the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
March 14, 2012 2:11:14 PM

disable your peerblock/peerguardian/etc
m
l
!