Abit BE6-2 APG bus problems

G

Hi Everyone,
I am having some problems and I hope maybe some of you can help :)
A couple of months ago I finally built a system to replace my old K6-2 550 (That thing was always too slow). My new system is not the best but it is a VAST improvement over my old one and I only spent about 350 bucks (used some old components)

When I got the newer system, this is how is was configured:
300Watt power,P3-600E(100 fsb),Abit BE6-2 Rev2, 256 megs Micron PC133 (CAS3), Quantem Fireball plus 18.2 gig 7,200 rpm HD, Ensonic Audio PCI sound, ATI Rage pro 4meg video card in the AGP slot and 2 Voodoo2's in the first 2PCI slots (SLI mode).

At first I was very happy because it overclocked to 133fsb (P3-800) without any problems and the Voodoos in SLI were giving about 75 fps at 1024x768x16.
Then I was even happier because I ordered some artic silver and used it on the processor as well as the green heatsink on the motherboard chipset. Then I used frag tape to attach more heatsinks to the southbridge chipset and the onboard DMA/66 controller. After that I could easily overclock to 150fsb (900 CPU) and had no problems at all. I would play games for hours and have no problems and my CPU temp never went above 42C. At that point I figured since everything was working so great I would bite the bullet and shell out the big money for a video card upgrade. I got a Asus V7800 Deluxe (Geforce GTS2 64DDR, TV-out) and thought with that I would have truley rockin system. Now that Im running that GTS I cannot really overclock at all. Im nearly sure it is the out of spec AGP bus speed but I have read over and over how the GTS was good for overclocked systems. If I turn the fsb up past110 I start to get flashing and graphic anomolies when I play video games. Does anyone have any idea's, besides buying a mobo that offically supports 133fsb. (My APG divider is already set to 2/3) Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

G

Try turning off sideband addressing that seemed to work for me. Powerstrip is able to do it.