pc/mouse hangs after resuming session

hi,

i've xpsp2 installed on my system,my problem is when i send my pc in
hibernate or standby mode it goes well but after resuming session my mouse
get hang but my pc can be operated thru keyboard.

help me out...!

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:4BEAD61B-50E9-44CC-BC74-8D11F6EF41D0@microsoft.com,
deeps <deeps@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> hi,
>
> i've xpsp2 installed on my system,my problem is when i send my pc in
> hibernate or standby mode it goes well but after resuming session my
> mouse get hang but my pc can be operated thru keyboard.
>
> help me out...!

Deeps,

Is this a standard mouse or one that's wireless, optical, etc? If it's one,
say Microsoft or Logitec, I'd consider going and checking for not only
updated drivers but updated software for it as well. They'd be called
Intellipoint and MouseWare respectively IIRC.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

nop, its my serial 3 button mouse, it freezes when i resume session.

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:4BEAD61B-50E9-44CC-BC74-8D11F6EF41D0@microsoft.com,
> deeps <deeps@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > hi,
> >
> > i've xpsp2 installed on my system,my problem is when i send my pc in
> > hibernate or standby mode it goes well but after resuming session my
> > mouse get hang but my pc can be operated thru keyboard.
> >
> > help me out...!
>
> Deeps,
>
> Is this a standard mouse or one that's wireless, optical, etc? If it's one,
> say Microsoft or Logitec, I'd consider going and checking for not only
> updated drivers but updated software for it as well. They'd be called
> Intellipoint and MouseWare respectively IIRC.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
> trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:2C90B78C-FA52-4112-9BEC-7C03977F1559@microsoft.com,
deeps <deeps@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> nop, its my serial 3 button mouse, it freezes when i resume session.
>

> "Galen" wrote:
>
>> In news:4BEAD61B-50E9-44CC-BC74-8D11F6EF41D0@microsoft.com,
>> deeps <deeps@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i've xpsp2 installed on my system,my problem is when i send my pc in
>>> hibernate or standby mode it goes well but after resuming session my
>>> mouse get hang but my pc can be operated thru keyboard.
>>>
>>> help me out...!
>>
>> Deeps,
>>
>> Is this a standard mouse or one that's wireless, optical, etc? If
>> it's one, say Microsoft or Logitec, I'd consider going and checking
>> for not only updated drivers but updated software for it as well.
>> They'd be called Intellipoint and MouseWare respectively IIRC.
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained
>> his trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you
>> will
>> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after
>> all."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes

I'd open the device manager (from the hardware tab of the system applet) and
remove the device via right click - uninstall and then rebooting. It could
be that the driver has corrupted.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

TRENDING THREADS