DATA ERROR, CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK

Could anyone please explain to me what this means and what do I have to do to
fix this issue. I installed a fresh xp pro system and on files and everytime
I have the wizard find things that need to be installed over again it finds
the info , it starts to download and then after a few minutes I get new
hardware can't be installed because of data error cyclic redundancy check.
Very frustrating.
--
DJW
1 answer Last reply

    Do a Google search on the error message. Answers should then pop up.

    "DJ" <DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Could anyone please explain to me what this means and what do I have to do
    > fix this issue. I installed a fresh xp pro system and on files and
    > everytime
    > I have the wizard find things that need to be installed over again it
    > finds
    > the info , it starts to download and then after a few minutes I get new
    > hardware can't be installed because of data error cyclic redundancy check.
    > Very frustrating.
    > --
    > DJW

Microsoft Windows XP