Quoting Brenlow: Class 're-envisioning' (rebalance)

Posted January 20th on the 'eqlive' forums:

<snip waffle and note about server-side logging>

"We then identified which classes filled which roles and numerically
identified how well they filled that particular role. After this exercise,
it was plain to see that some classes filled several roles well and others
performed in a secondary or tertiary role only. This came as no surprise to
us, but we felt it was an important first step to formally identify where we
felt classes are today so we could get a better perspective on how much each
class would need to change to help bring it in line with the other classes
in EverQuest."

<snip waffle, icecream and maple syrup>

"When we have conclusions, we will release them. The end result of all this
may be a few minor tweaks, or it may be some vast sweeping changes. We are
far too early in the process to state what will be changing. We will make
any changes slowly and with your full awareness. We will put things on test
for you to mull over and consider and gather your feedback as we do. This
is very much a cooperative effort between our community and our development
team."

I don't know about other classes, but the development team has had the
Shadowknights' top ten list of requested improvements since at least the 9th
of July. I find it mildly alarming that it has taken six months and
something like a 50% desertion of the playerbase (myself included) to get
around to addressing one of EQ's biggest problems. (Certainly the biggest
problem for me anyway.)

Regards,
James

"James Hicks" <nospam@forme.plz> wrote in message
> Posted January 20th on the 'eqlive' forums:
>
> <snip waffle and note about server-side logging>
>
> "We then identified which classes filled which roles and numerically
> identified how well they filled that particular role. After this exercise,
> it was plain to see that some classes filled several roles well and others
> performed in a secondary or tertiary role only. This came as no surprise
> us, but we felt it was an important first step to formally identify where
> we
> felt classes are today so we could get a better perspective on how much
> each
> class would need to change to help bring it in line with the other classes
> in EverQuest."
>
> <snip waffle, icecream and maple syrup>
>
> "When we have conclusions, we will release them. The end result of all
> this
> may be a few minor tweaks, or it may be some vast sweeping changes. We
> are
> far too early in the process to state what will be changing. We will make
> any changes slowly and with your full awareness. We will put things on
> test
> for you to mull over and consider and gather your feedback as we do. This
> is very much a cooperative effort between our community and our
> development
> team."
>
> I don't know about other classes, but the development team has had the
> Shadowknights' top ten list of requested improvements since at least the
> 9th
> of July. I find it mildly alarming that it has taken six months and
> something like a 50% desertion of the playerbase (myself included) to get
> around to addressing one of EQ's biggest problems. (Certainly the biggest
> problem for me anyway.)
>
> Regards,
> James

They never ever said the - I want - list was the - to do - list. They simply
said the top 10 list for each class was somthing they would look at. So I
guess they are looking.

Cladari

In article <84isv0peo2un7erp471jloanqlrj52r67j@4ax.com>,
Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>I admit this is a huge undertaking,but if they would have taken our
>money to balance out EQ1 better instead of developing EQ2 with it or
>releasing more unneeded expansions,which further destroy the class
>balance,it would have been possible.

No, all we need is more roleplaying.