compaq no sound!

Hi to all

I have a old compaq deskpro ep c266/2.1 ntl
Now i have instal windows ME on it. The problem is that i cant find the wmd
drivers for it.
I have seen it on the net for win 98 but not for ME.
Can someone tell me where i can download it?

Sorry for my english. Its not so good.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about compaq sound

    Sorry i mean the wdm for sound

    "Hagenees" <.> schreef in bericht
    > Hi to all
    >
    > I have a old compaq deskpro ep c266/2.1 ntl
    > Now i have instal windows ME on it. The problem is that i cant find the
    wmd
    > drivers for it.
    > I have seen it on the net for win 98 but not for ME.
    > Can someone tell me where i can download it?
    >
    > Sorry for my english. Its not so good.
    >
    > Thanks

    There is a strong possibility that the Windows 98 drivers will work with Windows
    ME. Micro$oft changed some of the internal workings of drivers between 98 and
    ME, so that some drivers also had to be rewritten. The Windows 98 drivers are
    worth a try. If they do not work, your next step is to identify the audio chip
    used in the computer and see if the CHIP manufacturer (not Compaq/HP) has
    Windows ME drivers available on its web site... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:52:37 +0200, "Hagenees" <.> wrote:

    > Sorry i mean the wdm for sound
    >
    >"Hagenees" <.> schreef in bericht
    >> Hi to all
    >>
    >> I have a old compaq deskpro ep c266/2.1 ntl
    >> Now i have instal windows ME on it. The problem is that i cant find the
    >wmd
    >> drivers for it.
    >> I have seen it on the net for win 98 but not for ME.
    >> Can someone tell me where i can download it?
    >>
    >> Sorry for my english. Its not so good.
    >>
    >> Thanks

Compaq Windows Me Computers