Can't defrag mmc.exe application error

I tried to defrag my computer but I get this pop up box that says
mmc.exe application error...the application failed to initialize
properly(0x0000005)
click ok to term application. any suggestions whats wrong? Thanks
--
Red
1 answer Last reply

    Does the error report appear in Event Viewer? Please post an exact copy?

    Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor discrepancies can
    make it harder to search for information about the error message.

    You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer.
    When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event ID, Source
    and Description are important.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

    Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you should double click
    for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
    http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
    (Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

    A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double click on the
    error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button resembling two
    pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your message
    (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the info from the
    Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make sure this is
    the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Redbricktiara1" <Redbricktiara1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A3777C2-87D4-406D-B0DC-AB5FF56FE9DF@microsoft.com...
    >I tried to defrag my computer but I get this pop up box that says
    > mmc.exe application error...the application failed to initialize
    > properly(0x0000005)
    > click ok to term application. any suggestions whats wrong? Thanks
    > --
    > Red

Defragment Microsoft Computers Windows XP