Deleting corrupted text files

September 19, 2005 7:01:03 AM

I am trying to 'empty' a laptop before handing it on to someone else. I find
I cannot delete whole folders because several of them seem to contain text
files (either .mdi or Word) which have been corrupted. They will no longer
open, but neither will they go to the recylcle bin. This has only happened in
the process of deletion, as immediately prior to this I copied all files to
an external hard drive - and they are OK on there.

I now have a largely empty computer which nevertheless contains several
immoveable, but unopenable folders and files. Any suggestions to delete them
permanently?
--
pedrock
Anonymous