72 Hour Suspension? Fair or Unfair? How do you like your c..

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

what is posted on your website and the link you replied to me with. I
quote:

>"* Obscene/Vulgar
>This category includes both clear and masked language which:
>- Is an inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
>- Is pornographic in nature
>
>*If a player is found to have used such language, he/she may:
>Be given a warning"
>
>.....You know very well that when I said "pussy" I meant "wimp" or
"gutless"
>and not a reference to a woman's anatomy. Words have many different
definitions. Please tell me, will I be suspended again if I use the
word "Bush" when refering to a plant? You guys have your minds in the
gutter and are obviously just looking for excuses to suspend people.

>Besides all that.... it says that a player will "Be given a warning"
on the link you provided me. What warning did I receive???? The GM
wouldnt even talk to me or tell me what I had done wrong, in fact I
was positive it was a mistake.

>Besides all that... and granted this is a minor thing, but what I
wrote wasnt in english!! You are making an assumption that it even
says what you think it says.....

>I say again... Please reinstate me or credit me for 3 days. This
suspension is harsh and represents you *violating what is written on
your own website*.
>I am a thirty year old mature adult, I am the least of your problems.
Please show me that your not running a completely mindless system and
are capable of some thought.

-------------------------------------

>From: <wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com>
>To: ****
>Subject: World of Warcraft - Account Issue
>Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:39:58 -0800
>
>Greetings,
>
>Thank you for the follow-up email. The Obscene Vulgar and
Inappropriate policy(s) has been violated and as a result the action
taken on the account will not be reduced or reversed. Thank you.

>Regards,
>****
>Account Administration
>Blizzard Entertainment

-------------------------------------

I plead for someone who is more senior to review this matter.

I say again.... it is YOU who have violated YOUR "Obscene Vulgar and
Inppropirate policy(s)." Please correct me if I am incorrect. I will
quote them again:

""""""
* Obscene/Vulgar
This category includes both clear and masked language which:
- Is an inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
- Is pornographic in nature

*If a player is found to have used such language, he/she may:
Be given a warning
""""""

.....There was NO warning and NO reference to human anatomy.

.....I ask again, if I say the word "bush" in game while referring to a
'plant' or 'being lame' will I be punished?

.....And I ask that you forward my emails to a manager or someone in a
position to think not someone that sends form letters mindlessly.

As an end note, you have completely turned me off WoW and reconfirmed
my doubts about Blizzard. I purchased Everquest2 this afternoon
because of the annoyance and lack of response you have given me, not
to mention the queues. If you are trying to drive customers away -
well done.

I intend to follow this through until you "make good on your words"
(see quote above).

PLEASE FORWARD THIS ENTIRE THREAD TO SOMEONE AUTHORIZED TO MAKE
DECISIONS. I will be calling on Monday to follow up (despite the fact
that my suspension ends Sunday). I would appreciate a real answer not
a minimum-wage-form-letter-go-away answer.
588 answers Last reply
More about hour suspension fair unfair
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    DENIAL!

    You were in the wrong.

    Deal with it.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Johnny Bravo" <baawa_knight@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >PLEASE FORWARD THIS ENTIRE THREAD TO SOMEONE AUTHORIZED TO MAKE
    > >DECISIONS.
    >
    > Why, you think you have some special rights that no one else has?

    As if anyone would want to help him ;)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Dark Tyger wrote:
    > But your opinion doesn't set the standards. It is considered offensive
    > by many people. It gets bleeped by the filter, and he clearly went out
    > of his way to spell out the word without it getting filtered.

    It was probably as much or more bypassing the filter with d00d that got him
    as it was the word.

    --
    chainbreaker
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Dennis" <spliffeh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

    lol quite being a pussy and deal with it.
    you clearly violated the terms of user agreement.
    you "may be" given a warning, and you may not be.
    anyone older than the age of 8 can tell the difference in, for lack of a
    word, severity between "pussy" and "bush".
    and let me assure you, the old "i'm gonna take my business elsewhere"
    routine wont help you at all. barking orders at a GM via email will not get
    your "concerns" addressed any faster, if anything they'll put you on a back
    burner.
    if youre leaving, why the hell would they bother to follow-up on your case
    anyways. do you really thing theyre gonna miss your $15 a month?
    seriously, if you posted here looking for sympathy, i doubt you'll find it.

    lee
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Lee Watkins" <LWATKIN1@corpus.stx.rr.com> wrote:

    >> As an end note, you have completely turned me off WoW and reconfirmed
    >> my doubts about Blizzard.

    Also, the fact that they'll actually act against tossers like you is
    one of the best arguments I've seen in favor of playing WoW. I may
    just have to give it a whirl one of these days.

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net

    >anyone older than the age of 8 can tell the difference in, for lack of a
    >word, severity between "pussy" and "bush".

    I disagree. The use of the word "pussy" to describe a wimp is
    not vulgar or obscene.

    C//

    Tim Smith <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
    ] After about 5 minutes of Googling, I was unable to find anything on the
    ] origin of using "pussy" to mean wimpy. I can see it going either way.
    ] That is, both the feline meaning and the vulgar reference to women meaing
    ] would work as ways to call a man weak or wimpy. Pussy seems to be a
    ] versatile word here. :-)

    Hmm. I know several people online who call their cats 'pussy', no
    double entendres meant. It has meant coward, it can also mean
    something derogatory. Googling doesn't always get all of the
    meanings of a word.

    JimP.
    --
    djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
    http://wargame.drivein-jim.net/ WoW blog Jan 28, 2005

    Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    ] There are women who consider that to be an "endearing name"?

    "Whats up Pussycat ?" a move made some years ago. It wasn't
    considered dirty.

    Bandwagon ahoy ! But I am not jumpig on the bandwagon, why thats
    dirty.

    JimP.
    --
    djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
    http://wargame.drivein-jim.net/ WoW blog Jan 28, 2005
    http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D Dec 29, 2004
    http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest January 10, 2005
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Just my 2 cents on this:

    I think that the specifics for the policy (what words are not allowed)
    is not the issue here.

    I have not played on their servers (for any game), but from what I can
    gather from this thread, you used a word which their filter traps and
    censors. Then you used a misspelling of the word deliberately to avoid
    having the word filtered.

    Regardless of the reason for doing so, You were obviously deliberately
    trying to evade the filter- abusing the system. If you disagree that
    the word should be filtered, fine, but you should have addressed this
    issue BEFORE you decided that the rule shouldn't apply to you.

    I think your suspension was more for trying to circumvent the rules
    than simply for violating them.

    I'm sure you don't like it when someone gets by your e-mail filter with
    a subject like:
    "\/|a. G.ra"
    It's the same concept, only in a more public location.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Dennis wrote:

    /It's not my not, it's not fair, help me please./

    Be a man Dennis, take your punishment a stop being a pussy.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On 29 Jan 2005 22:14:50 -0800, Dennis wrote:

    > PLEASE FORWARD THIS ENTIRE THREAD TO SOMEONE AUTHORIZED TO MAKE
    > DECISIONS. I will be calling on Monday to follow up (despite the fact
    > that my suspension ends Sunday).

    You need to call. Your letter won't be forwarded, and you will not get any
    satisfactory response via email. Your only option is to call, if you feel
    strongly about it, and try to get a supervisor. It's crucial that you stay
    calm, though. If you are emotional, you lose. Also, your focus should not
    be the reactivation of the account (this makes you look like a hopeless
    addict in their eyes, and the person you will speak to won't be able to
    relate), but getting credit for the three days of paid-for but lost
    service.

    M.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:04:51 +0100, Michael Vondung
    <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:

    > but getting credit for the three days of paid-for but lost
    >service.

    Won't happen. He violated the terms of the service contract he agreed
    to.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord

    Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

    ]
    ] "Whats up Pussycat ?" a move made some years ago. It wasn't
    ] considered dirty.

    sorry, not move, but a movie.

    Jimp.
    --
    djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
    http://wargame.drivein-jim.net/ WoW blog Jan 28, 2005
    http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D Dec 29, 2004
    http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest January 10, 2005
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:15:04 -0600, Lokari wrote:

    > Also, the fact that they'll actually act against tossers like you is
    > one of the best arguments I've seen in favor of playing WoW.

    I realise that your article is just flamebait, but the issue here is not
    their vulgarity policy, but the random ways in which they enforce it. You
    can and will see far worse than a differently spelled "pussy", even actual
    character names, and nothing is done about those. While not native to the
    English language and thus perhaps unqualified to make that statement, I do
    not consider the word "pussy" (as in: "coward") an actionable insult/vulgar
    expression according to Blizzard's own terms. So, in short, the issue here
    is inconsistency and a lack of transparency.

    M.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 07:30:18 -0800, Courageous <dontwant@spam.com>
    wrote:

    >>anyone older than the age of 8 can tell the difference in, for lack of a
    >>word, severity between "pussy" and "bush".
    >
    >I disagree. The use of the word "pussy" to describe a wimp is
    >not vulgar or obscene.

    Wrong. As someone else said, this use of the term is meant to imply
    the person has one, basically calling them a girl. Not only is it
    actually vulgar (albeit not as severely so as a lot of other words and
    terms out there), but also extremely sexist.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord

    Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Dennis" <spliffeh@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    I see a lot of people taking Blizzards side on this, but Id be willing to
    bet hard cash that if they were being banned they would sing a different
    tune.
    Since when is "pussy" inappropriate language?

    I see it over and over in the Blizzard forums, when someone gets unfairly
    treated, everyone else likes to jump on the cheer blizzard bandwagon,
    regardless of the rights or wrongs of the particular case.
    If you think Blizzard did the right thing here, then you are a jerk. Just my
    2c.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message

    > I see it over and over in the Blizzard forums, when someone gets unfairly
    > treated, everyone else likes to jump on the cheer blizzard bandwagon,
    > regardless of the rights or wrongs of the particular case.

    No one has fanboys quite like Blizzard does. For crying out loud, the
    company used spyware on its customers and still they defended them lol. I'm
    sure that some of these guys would continue to defend the company even if
    they made TV cameras and rectal probes a standard part of installation.

    Having said that, I agree that the company has a right to enforce its
    standards any way it wants to. I wouldn't have suspended anyone for using
    the term "pussy", but I wouldn't bitch about it if I got nabbed doing it
    either.

    --
    Bob Perez

    "Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they
    quit playing."
    - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    In article <elc00fsx1pes$.1p5bannqnxfjc$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    mvondung@gmail.com says...
    > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:15:04 -0600, Lokari wrote:
    >
    > I realise that your article is just flamebait, but the issue here is not
    > their vulgarity policy, but the random ways in which they enforce it. You
    > can and will see far worse than a differently spelled "pussy", even actual
    > character names, and nothing is done about those.

    Like what?

    > While not native to the
    > English language and thus perhaps unqualified to make that statement, I do
    > not consider the word "pussy" (as in: "coward") an actionable insult/vulgar
    > expression according to Blizzard's own terms. So, in short, the issue here
    > is inconsistency and a lack of transparency.

    As a native to the english language: 'pussy' is *widely* regarded to be
    slang for the vulva/vagina. And only slightly less offensive than
    'cunt'. I seriously find it tough to beleive you regularly see worse.

    Further, even 'Pussy' meaning 'coward' is derivative slang of the
    offensive usage. First it uses offensive slang to refer to female
    genitals, using them as a metaphor for 'girl', and then tyring it all up
    with a deragtory stereotype (that girls are cowards).

    Its unfortunate that someone may have been banned over an unintential
    mistake. (Assuming it was actually honestly unintended.) But it seems
    like this would easily make a worst offenders list of words to avoid
    using.

    The only reason it appears inconsistent/lacks transparency is that
    you've failed to attach a common slang definition to the word.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Dennis" <spliffeh@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    <snip whiney drivel>

    First, let me off you some cheese to go with your whine.

    second, GOOD FOR BLIZZARD.

    1. you clearly went around the filter to get your "statement" across

    2. you WERE warned (read the rules/terms)

    3. don't try to spoon-feed us these bullshit definitions and story changes
    trying to justify your delusion. you used a derogatory term that you knew
    was blocked (see point 1).

    4. no, i don't play WoW, but I played EQ, UO and a few others and frankly
    players like you RUIN THE GAME.

    5. YOU WERE WRONG.

    so g0 b@ck +0 p|_@yInG uR d00d GaMeZ and cry to someone who cares. pu55y
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    >I believe we (and Blizzard) should be more careful about making rules for
    >things you can't do. Especially when we are talking about communication.

    The language filter is per se an example of a codified rule. Attempting
    to go around it signals that the party in question understood the rule
    and likewise broke it deliberately. If their TOS doesn't say "no bypassing
    the filter," it probably should, but it doesn't take a genius to figure
    it out as it is.

    >One thing I'm curious about. When he says, "Leetspeak," does he mean using
    >characters & numbers to make up a word like to say pussy you would type
    >something like, "|>...$$..."? Was he using that method to say "pussy" in
    >order to get around the language barrier between horde/alliance?

    "PU$$Y" or some such.

    C//
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    spliffeh@hotmail.com (Dennis) wrote in

    <snip mindless rant>

    Good, glad to hear they're enforcing their policies.

    With luck and your stupidity, you'll get yourself banned
    and I won't have to worry about the chance of having to
    deal with you in game.

    --
    Arch Convoker Mairelon Snapbang
    Feral Lord Bosra Snowclaw

    Mairelon, 15th Paladin
    Silverhand

    My WoW Mods: http://therealorang.com
    Yes, FlexBar 1.24 is out :)
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in

    > On 29 Jan 2005 22:14:50 -0800, Dennis wrote:
    >
    >> PLEASE FORWARD THIS ENTIRE THREAD TO SOMEONE AUTHORIZED TO MAKE
    >> DECISIONS. I will be calling on Monday to follow up (despite
    the fact
    >> that my suspension ends Sunday).
    >
    > You need to call. Your letter won't be forwarded, and you will
    not get
    > any satisfactory response via email. Your only option is to
    call, if
    > you feel strongly about it, and try to get a supervisor. It's
    crucial
    > that you stay calm, though. If you are emotional, you lose.
    Also, your
    > focus should not be the reactivation of the account (this makes
    you
    > look like a hopeless addict in their eyes, and the person you
    will
    > speak to won't be able to relate), but getting credit for the
    three
    > days of paid-for but lost service.
    >
    > M.

    This is untrue - ask Twofeathers on Graffe's. He felt his
    name was unfairly changed (he's a Tauren shaman) and emailed.

    They reviewed it and changed it back for him.

    Most inconsistency in enforcement comes from the vagaries of
    reporting -- since they depend on players policing this stuff
    and reporting it.

    --
    Arch Convoker Mairelon Snapbang
    Feral Lord Bosra Snowclaw
    Lanys T'vyl (Retired)

    Mairelon, 15th Paladin
    Silverhand

    My WoW Mods: http://therealorang.com
    Yes, FlexBar 1.24 is out :)
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:

    >the issue here is not their vulgarity policy, but the random ways
    >in which they enforce it.

    >So, in short, the issue here is inconsistency and a lack of
    >transparency.

    Easily explained by the simple economic fact of finite resources.

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Courageous <dontwant@spam.com> wrote:

    >I disagree. The use of the word "pussy" to describe a wimp is
    >not vulgar or obscene.

    Well, as it happens, your definition is irrelevant. Blizzards is the
    only definition that pertains.

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    >Well, as it happens, your definition is irrelevant. Blizzards is the
    >only definition that pertains.

    On contractual matters? No way, Jose.

    C//
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote:

    >When someone says, "You pussy," at least in the English-speaking subcultures
    >I've lived in, they 99% of the time mean, "You wimp" or "You coward". This
    >word has been used for so long to mean this when in certain contexts, that I
    >believe for many people it has lost any sexual connotation, whether you are
    >trying to say it has something to do with the speaker being called a female
    >or a reference to the vagina.

    A typically uninformed male perspective.

    >And I really hope the whole "leetspeak" fad really is a dying fad

    On that we agree.

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    >"Dennis" <spliffeh@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    Heh, I'd have banned you FOR the Leetspeak :D Banning Leetspeakers
    not only raises the tone of a game it ALSO improves the average IQ of
    the players ;)

    Seriously, no-one cares about your ban, or for the reason.

    Palindrome
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

    <Snip>

    It's a shame that the word "palindrome" isn't one. ? ;o)

    Elrikk
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:11:18 GMT, "El Durango" <El_Durango@yah00.c0m>
    wrote:

    >I am not defending this guys actions but honestly suppose this happened to
    >you, what would you think of it and would you shrug it off or be bitter. I
    >personally would be puzzled about something so inane causing me to be banned
    >for 3 days.

    What would I do? I'd take the consequences for my own actions and not
    whine like a 3 year old over it. The rules are there and he broke
    them. The punishment he received was the stated punishment. No reason
    to be puzzled over them doing exactly what they say they'll do if you
    break their rules. If it truly does puzzle you, you really need to
    start taking some remedial courses in reality.

    --

    bizbee wrote:

    > I guess I'll have to try this on some customers at work, since it's
    > apparently not offensive.
    > "I'm sorry, your waiter got ill and went home, he's too much of a
    > pussy to finish taking care of you."
    > "It's not that spicy, not unless you're a complete pussy."
    >
    > I'm sure it'll be a big hit.

    Indeed. Please post the details of how it goes, and well as your
    fight against the ban from the restaurant you'll end up getting. /em
    grabs some popcorn.

    --
    Annie

    AGE EverQuest Live FAQ:
    http://www.icynic.com/~don/EQ/age.faq.htm

    Mirrored at:
    http://webpages.charter.net/lenny13/age.faq.htm

    http://www.derfy.net/agefaq.html

    On 29 Jan 2005 22:14:50 -0800, spliffeh@hotmail.com (Dennis) wrote:

    <snip>
    >As an end note, you have completely turned me off WoW and reconfirmed
    >my doubts about Blizzard. I purchased Everquest2 this afternoon
    >because of the annoyance and lack of response you have given me, not
    >to mention the queues. If you are trying to drive customers away -
    >well done.

    Please don't come to EQ2. With your obvious stupidity you'll lower the
    average IQ of the game by at least 20 points and your lack of balls to
    take your punishment, of being such a big pussy, you'll really screw
    up the game.

    <snip>
    --
    Wulfbones Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
    Wulfrunner Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle

    Wulfbones
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Dennis" <spliffeh@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    "Pussy" is used more as an anatomical reference than every other usage
    combined. You knew how it would be taken when you chose it, regardless of
    alternate meaning. You tried to be slick and get away with a double
    entendre, and you got stomped for it. Stop whining and trying to sea-lawyer
    your way out of it.

    > ....I ask again, if I say the word "bush" in game while referring to a
    > 'plant' or 'being lame' will I be punished?

    While there is a sexual connotation to bush, the common meaning is a
    reference to vegitation. What's the common meaning to pussy? If you say
    anything but a vagina, then you're not being honest.

    > ....And I ask that you forward my emails to a manager or someone in a
    > position to think not someone that sends form letters mindlessly.

    I will lose all respect for Blizzard if they overturn your ass-kicking.

    > As an end note, you have completely turned me off WoW and reconfirmed
    > my doubts about Blizzard. I purchased Everquest2 this afternoon
    > because of the annoyance and lack of response you have given me, not
    > to mention the queues. If you are trying to drive customers away -
    > well done.

    I beta-tested and played EQ2. While it may be a better game, if you're
    going to EQ2 just because you're upset that you were asked to pay the price
    for your stupidity... well, then WoW is the better for it.

    > I intend to follow this through until you "make good on your words"
    > (see quote above).
    >
    > PLEASE FORWARD THIS ENTIRE THREAD TO SOMEONE AUTHORIZED TO MAKE
    > DECISIONS. I will be calling on Monday to follow up (despite the fact
    > that my suspension ends Sunday). I would appreciate a real answer not
    > a minimum-wage-form-letter-go-away answer.

    You don't deserve anything better.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
    > "Dennis" <spliffeh@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> PLEASE FORWARD THIS ENTIRE THREAD TO SOMEONE AUTHORIZED TO MAKE
    >> DECISIONS. I will be calling on Monday to follow up (despite the fact
    >> that my suspension ends Sunday). I would appreciate a real answer not
    >> a minimum-wage-form-letter-go-away answer.
    >
    > I see a lot of people taking Blizzards side on this, but Id be willing to
    > bet hard cash that if they were being banned they would sing a different
    > tune.

    If I were the type of person who would use vulgarity to name my character,
    then sure, I'd probably also be the type to complain about being fairly and
    justly given a swift kick in the ass (which, I imagine, according to the OP
    refers to a mule, not a person's hindparts)

    > Since when is "pussy" inappropriate language?

    Since it became widely used to refer to a woman's down belows.

    > I see it over and over in the Blizzard forums, when someone gets unfairly
    > treated, everyone else likes to jump on the cheer blizzard bandwagon,
    > regardless of the rights or wrongs of the particular case.
    > If you think Blizzard did the right thing here, then you are a jerk. Just
    > my 2c.

    And if you believe we're jerks for supporting Blizzard in this case, you're
    an absolute idiot. That's not my two cents, that's fact.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:24:32 -0500, "elrikk" <elrikk@videotron.ca>
    wrote:

    >"Palindrome" <damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >

    ><Snip>
    >

    >It's a shame that the word "palindrome" isn't one. ? ;o)

    my email name is though :))

    Palindrome
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    wrote:

    >>anyone older than the age of 8 can tell the difference in, for lack of a
    >>word, severity between "pussy" and "bush".
    >
    >I disagree. The use of the word "pussy" to describe a wimp is
    >not vulgar or obscene.

    So, you'd use that in mixed company?

    Palindrome
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Todd Carnes" <tcarnes@tds.net> wrote in message

    > Dark Tyger wrote:
    >
    > | On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:04:51 +0100, Michael Vondung
    > | <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
    > |

    > |>but getting credit for the three days of paid-for but lost
    > |>service.
    > |

    > | Won't happen. He violated the terms of the service contract he agreed
    > | to.
    > |

    > I don't think think I would say it "won't" happen (whiners,
    > unfortunately tend to get their way), but I do agree that it "shouldn't"
    > happen.

    i havent played WoW, but i assume in the user agreement its also stated that
    pre-paid time will not be reimbursed. i assume Blizzard could make a good
    case using that too.

    lee
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message

    > Since when is "pussy" inappropriate language?

    i've been using the internet for over 12 years...and this may be the dumbest
    statement ive ever seen.

    lee
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Lee Watkins wrote:
    > "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
    >
    >> Since when is "pussy" inappropriate language?
    >>
    > i've been using the internet for over 12 years...and this may be the
    > dumbest statement ive ever seen.
    >
    > lee

    You must have been using the internet *very* sparingly over that 12 years
    then.

    --
    chainbreaker
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Fair decision, hope it helps you get a grip.

    FU set.

  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "tcells" <tcells1@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >grow up and hit the glass ceiling, then you'll have a real idea
    >about what has connotations and what doesn't.

    Believe me, I'm quite grown up, and I know all about that ceiling. And
    I know all about the connotations of the word in question as well.
    That you don't understand why the word is objectionable is lamentable,
    but entirely your own problem.

    You can run around screaming "it just means wimp" all you want, but
    you'll find that has no effect on reality. And, you'll also find it
    has no effect on Blizzard policy.

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:

    >> A typically uninformed male perspective.

    >The difference between feminists and chauvinists is insignificant

    And irrelevant, as is your attempt to recast the discussion in charged
    and dismissable terms.

    >Thinking of varying perspectives as "male" and "female", rather than
    >simply "different", is in itself "sexist". No, actually, it's ridiculously
    >immature and plain silly.

    Funny thing... I think violating the rules of a game then whining
    about getting busted is ridiculously immature and plain silly.

    >Perhaps the self-appointed defenders of women need to spend more time
    >in the real world and speak to females who stand with both feet on
    >the ground.

    Then again, perhaps not.

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Courageous <dontwant@spam.com> wrote:

    >>Well, as it happens, your definition is irrelevant. Blizzards
    >>is the only definition that pertains.

    >On contractual matters? No way, Jose.

    You're quite mistaken. You agree to their rules when you enter their
    world, and they are fully within their contractual rights to interpret
    and enforce those rules as they seem fit.

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    >You're quite mistaken. You agree to their rules when you enter their
    >world, and they are fully within their contractual rights to...

    What consitute's their contractual rights, as per definitions of items
    within a contract that they themselves have not defined, is not for them
    to say post hoc. Nope.

    I will not, however, go so far as to say that a Court would assert that
    calling a person "pussy" is not profane. They just might. Or they might
    not.

    The other issue is that O.P. seemed well aware of the language filter,
    and elected to by-pass it. The language filter per se codifies what
    behavior whichever-company prefers not to have. I suspect he should have
    paid keen attention to that first cue.

    C//
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Courageous <dontwant@spam.com> wrote:

    >What consitute's their contractual rights, as per definitions of items
    >within a contract that they themselves have not defined, is not for them
    >to say post hoc. Nope.

    Is there a bit in the contract/license about "at any time, for any
    reason"?

    --
    Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
    www.lokari.net
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    spliffeh@hotmail.com (Dennis) wrote in news:3e397d54.0501292214.3a00a017
    @posting.google.com:

    >> >You guys gave me a 72 hour suspension without warning for using the
    >> >word pussy? And in leet speak no less? Is this a method of conserving
    >> >bandwidth???? Handing out ridiculous 3 day suspensions without warning,
    >> >for use of a word thats in the dictionary??? This does not improve
    >> >anyone's gaming experience, your just being anal (thats in the
    >> >dictionary too, am I allowed to use that word?).

    On my server it would have been longer than 3 days. What difference does it
    make that its in a dictionary since you obviusly didnt use it in other than
    a cursing way.

    Especially for use of leet speak. After all, what is that other than
    recognition that the word might be banned or blocked so its an effort to
    get around the rules.

    Language controls are a great thing. They have been proven to raise the
    average age of the player base

    Gandalf Parker
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:40:06 -0800 in
    <l97pv0hggle3tue5pvciog15nn62uhtusj@4ax.com>, Dark Tyger
    <darktiger@somewhere.net> graced the world with this thought:

    >On 29 Jan 2005 22:14:50 -0800, spliffeh@hotmail.com (Dennis) wrote:
    >
    >>....There was NO warning and NO reference to human anatomy.
    >
    >So, you're trying to convince us you were referring to a feline?

    He was the same guy who claimed Hooters was a family restaurant and
    they were talking about owls.
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,alt.games.everquest,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:07:30 GMT, bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:40:06 -0800 in
    ><l97pv0hggle3tue5pvciog15nn62uhtusj@4ax.com>, Dark Tyger
    ><darktiger@somewhere.net> graced the world with this thought:
    >
    >>On 29 Jan 2005 22:14:50 -0800, spliffeh@hotmail.com (Dennis) wrote:
    >>
    >>>....There was NO warning and NO reference to human anatomy.
    >>
    >>So, you're trying to convince us you were referring to a feline?
    >
    >He was the same guy who claimed Hooters was a family restaurant and
    >they were talking about owls.

    On a related note, I remember reading years back about a group of
    school girls who got so fed up with seeing all the boys wearing
    "Hooters" TShirts in school that they went out and had TShirts with
    roosters on them and "Cocks" written across the front made up. They
    got suspended, and turned around and attempted to sue the school over
    it. Don't know how it came out. ( I'm on the girls' side on the
    matter, by the way. If they got suspended, the guys should have too )

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html