Recovery disk will not work.....now what?...Help

I tried reinstalling windows and my system crashed. I can onl get the
startup screen on my Gateway screen........the recovery disk does not
do anything

can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

In order to successfully use a PC manufacturer's recovery CD,
you must return the PC to its original factory hardware configuration.
For example, if you added a second hard drive, or changed the video
card, you must remove those items and use the factory original
hardware. Also, physically disconnect all hardware peripheral
devices, except for the mouse, keyboard and monitor.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"backstreets" wrote:

| I tried reinstalling windows and my system crashed. I can onl get the
| startup screen on my Gateway screen........the recovery disk does not
| do anything
|
| can anyone offer any suggestions?
|
| Thanks
|
| Mark