Why is starcraft 2 still so expensive?

skaz

Distinguished
The game was released july 2010. You would think almost 2 years later the game would come down some more. But instead it's staying steady at $50.

Whats the deal, Is it that good? :heink:

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
It's an E-sport title, one of the most played games in the world, and published by a branch of one of the most money-hungry game publishing companies on earth. And in addition to that, Blizzard doesn't sport a lot of titles so they really try to capitalize on retail pricing, despite their vast income from DLC and subscription revenue.

skaz

Distinguished

It was new for only $50-$60 where I live. Not sure where your from that it cost $90 new. That sucks bro.

boys boys, you're forgetting the fact that heart of the swarm is due to hit in very short time, with ad campaign already started, if anything they even bumped the price up recently just to get more money from the people that were waiting to play the humans campaign right before the next installment came out.

I'm not sure how much of an effect this has overall, but it does have an effect on current prices. (this has been proven with movies and books, when the next installement is about to come out the previous installments experience a surge in sales, which has caused retailers to crank up prices on existing installments when the sequel is right around the corner)

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

It no doubt has an affect on pricing and you're absolutely correct I'm sure.