Battlefield 3(can i max it out)

rishmetal666

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Hello sir/madam, i actually wanted to know this before i buy battlefield 3 for my pc. my system: 4gbs of ram, core 2 quad q9550 @ 2.83, msi hawk HD 5770, 600 gb hdd and 18.5 inch monitor. i am not thinking of upgrading my system right away... i actually wanted to know if i can play battlefield 3 in ultra setting or not...
the games i am playing are L.A Noire, Batman Arkham city, Skyrim V, Battlefield bad company 2, Dirt 3, NFS The Run, GTA IV, Mafia 2 etc. All of these games, i am playing them in max settings. i actually doubt if i can play bf3 in max or not.. please help....

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Your hardware will run BF3 in ultra settings with 4x MSAA at about 15-20 fps, and lower in some scenes.

The starting point for literally maxing out BF3 (as in, all ultra settings, 4x multisampling deferred, and never lower than 60 fps) is an AMD 7970 and a cpu that won't bottleneck it (even in BF3 this is a risk). Even a severely overclocked GTX 580 will still have drops below 60 fps (into the mid 50's) with 4x multisampling enabled on 64 player maps on occasion.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
You only listed how many inches your monitor is. That is irrelevant info. Need the actual resolution of the monitor to give you any more details. Still, you will not have an enjoyable gaming experience in BF3 on ultra, or even high settings with current hardware. Sorry =(.

FinalDrive

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
At the resolution you are at you should be able to run it pretty well, probably not maxed (might have to scale back AA some). Remember the good old days when companies put out fully working demos of their games, that did not limit configuration and were available after the title launched, so you could really test how it would function on a rig? EA and others must miss out on some huge revenue if people "pirate" their demos.

con310

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Honestly...at 1360x768 you might be able to almost Max it out, you might have to turn AntiAialsing Deffered off cuz thats a real graphics killer but you might be ok.

you will definitely be able to play the game at high settings with no problem, if that is not good enough and you want Max, you should probably upgrade your monitor first.