Wierd Office problem - files open slowly

Tags:
  • Document
  • Spreadsheet
  • Office
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
September 29, 2005 6:40:02 PM

I am sure this points to a machine problem more than office, but it involves
office, so here it goes:

If I click on an office file, it takes upwards of 10 minutes for the
document/spreadsheet/powerpoint file to open;

however

if I open up the application first, and then choose to open the
document/spreadsheet/etc, it opens up right away!!!

anybody ever seen that!

More about : wierd office problem files open slowly

Anonymous
September 29, 2005 10:04:56 PM

Perhaps someone in one of the Office newsgroups can help you.

Ted Zieglar

"BookerW" <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D2E2FD-66ED-4711-A70F-522D1EB799EE@microsoft.com...
>I am sure this points to a machine problem more than office, but it involves
> office, so here it goes:
>
> If I click on an office file, it takes upwards of 10 minutes for the
> document/spreadsheet/powerpoint file to open;
>
> however
>
> if I open up the application first, and then choose to open the
> document/spreadsheet/etc, it opens up right away!!!
>
> anybody ever seen that!
January 23, 2006 7:23:04 PM

I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
November 4, 2006 10:36:30 AM

If you have System Mechanics in your system, prevent "SMsystemanalyzer.exe" loading on startup. Deleting its registry key is the only way.
!