Wierd Office problem - files open slowly

I am sure this points to a machine problem more than office, but it involves
office, so here it goes:

If I click on an office file, it takes upwards of 10 minutes for the
document/spreadsheet/powerpoint file to open;

however

if I open up the application first, and then choose to open the
document/spreadsheet/etc, it opens up right away!!!

anybody ever seen that!
3 answers Last reply
More about wierd office problem files open slowly

    Perhaps someone in one of the Office newsgroups can help you.

    Ted Zieglar

    "BookerW" <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D2E2FD-66ED-4711-A70F-522D1EB799EE@microsoft.com...
    >I am sure this points to a machine problem more than office, but it involves
    > office, so here it goes:
    >
    > If I click on an office file, it takes upwards of 10 minutes for the
    > document/spreadsheet/powerpoint file to open;
    >
    > however
    >
    > if I open up the application first, and then choose to open the
    > document/spreadsheet/etc, it opens up right away!!!
    >
    > anybody ever seen that!
  2. I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
  3. If you have System Mechanics in your system, prevent "SMsystemanalyzer.exe" loading on startup. Deleting its registry key is the only way.

Document Spreadsheet Office Microsoft Windows XP