Wierd Office problem - files open slowly

I am sure this points to a machine problem more than office, but it involves
office, so here it goes:

If I click on an office file, it takes upwards of 10 minutes for the
document/spreadsheet/powerpoint file to open;

however

if I open up the application first, and then choose to open the
document/spreadsheet/etc, it opens up right away!!!

anybody ever seen that!

Perhaps someone in one of the Office newsgroups can help you.

Ted Zieglar

"BookerW" <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D2E2FD-66ED-4711-A70F-522D1EB799EE@microsoft.com...
>I am sure this points to a machine problem more than office, but it involves
> office, so here it goes:
>
> If I click on an office file, it takes upwards of 10 minutes for the
> document/spreadsheet/powerpoint file to open;
>
> however
>
> if I open up the application first, and then choose to open the
> document/spreadsheet/etc, it opens up right away!!!
>
> anybody ever seen that!

OnurBABACAN

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
If you have System Mechanics in your system, prevent "SMsystemanalyzer.exe" loading on startup. Deleting its registry key is the only way.

TRENDING THREADS