Remote printer driver not compatable with XP

I am trying to connect my new XP Pro workstation to a
remote HP 670cse printer on a remote server running NT and
it comes back stating that the print driver is not
compatable with my XP Pro system, How do I fix this?
Update the driver on the server? Load the XP supported
driver on my machine?
2 answers Last reply
More about remote printer driver compatable

    "Mike C" <mcallis@filtersonline.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to connect my new XP Pro workstation to a
    > remote HP 670cse printer on a remote server running NT and
    > it comes back stating that the print driver is not
    > compatable with my XP Pro system, How do I fix this?
    > Update the driver on the server? Load the XP supported
    > driver on my machine?

    Either that (install the proper XP driver on any client that prints to that
    printer) or upgrade the PCwhich hosts the printer to Windows 2000 or newer.

    Christopher L. Estep

    Ask the system administrator of the NT4 server to add a usermode XP driver
    to the server so you can get the download.

    the 670 driver from HP is blocked on install because it causes the XP system
    to bugcheck, although there is an inbox replacement that will install if you
    have admin priveledge on your local system.

    from \windows\inf\printupg.inf

    "HP DeskJet 670C Series v11.0" = "HP DeskJet 670C", 1, 1, "", 1
    ; "<Broken OEM model name>" = "<In-box model name>", WksLevel, SrvLevel,
    "mm/dd/yyyy", Unidrv5.4
    ;
    ; WksLevel is the warning level on a workstation: 2 = warn, 1=block
    ; SrvLevel is the warning level on a server: 2 = warn, 1=block
    ; If the date field is used, only drivers with core driver DLLs older
    than this date will be deleted.
    ; Make sure year is given in a 4 digit format (i.e. not 98 but 1998)
    ; Make sure date field is separated with a comma.
    ; If there are multiple entries for one single driver to indicate that an
    older version
    ; is blocked and a newer only warned, make sure these entries are sorted
    by ascending date
    ; Unidrv5.4 indicates whether there exists a Unidrv 5.4 driver for a
    warned or blocked driver.
    ; If the Unidrv 5.4 field exists, a value of 1 indicates that a Unidrv
    5.4 does exist

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Mike C" <mcallis@filtersonline.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to connect my new XP Pro workstation to a
    > remote HP 670cse printer on a remote server running NT and
    > it comes back stating that the print driver is not
    > compatable with my XP Pro system, How do I fix this?
    > Update the driver on the server? Load the XP supported
    > driver on my machine?

Printer Driver Windows XP Servers