Getting a new PSU

pob

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004

I have a Pressario 500 Series (5446EA), and want to upgrade the PSU to a more powerful one.
I have been trying to find info from Compaq about the PSU, but they aren't very forthcoming.

Does anyone have any information about the type of PSU in this computer, and possibly places that sell PSU's for it, in the UK.

TIA

I purchased a more powerful power supply for my Presario 5460 (a 350 watt
compared to the 95 watt which was originally installed) in the US from
www.affordablesurplus.com. I don't know if this will help you. You can use
the Power Supply Selector to choose the correct one.

"Pob" <pobnews@spamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have a Pressario 500 Series (5446EA), and want to upgrade the PSU to a
more powerful one.
> I have been trying to find info from Compaq about the PSU, but they aren't
very forthcoming.

> Does anyone have any information about the type of PSU in this computer,
and possibly places that sell PSU's for it, in the UK.

> TIA

You can also check at http://www.power-on.com/. I've gotten several power
supplies from them for Compaqs as well as other PCs.

KC