Sharing a printer on a wireless network

lee

I have a printer connected to the host computer that I
want available to my wireless notebook. The host computer
is running Windows XP and the notebook is running XP
Tablet Edition.

I have gone through the steps in printer properties to
identify the printer as shared and renamed it to Home
network-HP 2200. The shared printer does not appear in My
Network Places and is not available to the notebook.
Maybe I just don't know where to find it.

For a start, the shared name of the printer must be 13 characters/numbers or
less and NO SPACES in it.

For more info, see Ron Pacchiano's article at:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/qa/qa20030619.shtml

Cari
www.coribright.com