Printer NOT printing

EpsonStylus C80 working perfectly yesterday. Today - NOT printing. Nothing has changed within my computer. No PORTS changed. Printer can print out a test grid but will not print anything from the computer. The SERVER is not sending the message to the printer. We have had NO power outages and I am the only computer user here. Where can I look for help. The Tutorial is NO help and the Dell Manual is very vague. Had this system for 3 years. This is my first major problem. Can anyone out there help?
2 answers Last reply
More about printer printing

    I think I would try to print a test page from the printer
    control panel if that does not work I would check
    cabeling and probably use the printer trouble shooting
    from the Print test page. To print a test page right
    click on the printer choose properties and then select
    print test page. Also be sure to check paper and ink
    supply. and check the Printer control panel to be sure
    the printer is on line. Some times you can get a job in
    the que that is hanging you may try to delete any jobs
    pending and start over.
    Good Luck,
    jstocka

    Hi Ellie> I don't have a solution yet as I am working on a similiar/related problem. In my case, the colors won't print out except a good black. I replaced all 3 color cartridges - ran the nozzle check multi-times, cleaners, etc. - and checked all of my diagnostics and monitors. Ink supply shows OK - I can print out color graphics on another printer (HP DeskJet 855C). All of the Epson Monitors are functioning and look to be OK. A real mystery, I am about ready to call Epson and see if they can help. In the meantime I'll keep reading and posting for any solution(s) Had the Epson C80 for 2 years - first major problem.
    Good Luck

    ----- ellie wrote: -----

    EpsonStylus C80 working perfectly yesterday. Today - NOT printing. Nothing has changed within my computer. No PORTS changed. Printer can print out a test grid but will not print anything from the computer. The SERVER is not sending the message to the printer. We have had NO power outages and I am the only computer user here. Where can I look for help. The Tutorial is NO help and the Dell Manual is very vague. Had this system for 3 years. This is my first major problem. Can anyone out there help?

Computers Printers Windows XP