Plug & Play won't find Xerox Workcentre 390 printer

New install of XP. OS doesn't recognize Xerox 390. I've download the XP driver from Xerox site but it doesn't seem to install. I've tried to install it manually but the Plug and Play feature does not find the printer. Any ideas what to do next?

How is the printer connected, USB or parallel port ?

What do you mean "it doesn't seem to install" - what happens ? Error message
or nothing or it doesn't print ?

--
This information is provided AS-IS and confers no rights.