EPSON LQ 570+ slow printing in XP

I have installed EPSON LQ 570+ on my computer with windows xp on it. It
prints very slow (comparing to windows 98). Even a simple text file in
notepad is printed very slow (1 page of text ~4 min).
Normal draft printing in command window works normaly (I've tried it with
dir>lpt1). Spooling is on. Can anyone help me?
1 answer Last reply
More about epson slow printing

    You probably have the quality set too high. Likely you are printing at 360 X
    360 dpi. Reduce this to 360 X 180 and speed will increase dramatically. I
    think when you use the dir>lpt1 method, the printer uses its built-in fonts
    which will out-print just about any kind of printer for pure text. When you
    print from Windows you're printing a bit map with much more data to transmit
    and process. You are printing dot by dot whereas the printer's built-in font
    set prints character by character.

    "Jasenko Magasic" <jasenko_magasic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have installed EPSON LQ 570+ on my computer with windows xp on it. It
    > prints very slow (comparing to windows 98). Even a simple text file in
    > notepad is printed very slow (1 page of text ~4 min).
    > Normal draft printing in command window works normaly (I've tried it with
    > dir>lpt1). Spooling is on. Can anyone help me?

Epson Windows XP