Windows XP Printing

My Lexmark printer is jammed. I also have an hp deskjet 712c connected to a parallel port. My computer will not "allow" me to switch over to it and make it the default printer. It pops up a message saying I need to get permission from my administrator. What does that mean???? Why do I need permission from someone I don't even know to switch printers on my own computer??? Someone please Help!! BilTex

Are you the administrator?
IF you go into start, control panel and then user accounts