XP Pro SP1 Disabled multiple device fax sending

April 3, 2004 4:44:13 PM

SP1 reduced functionality by eliminating the ability to
use mulitple modems for concurrent faxing. I want to roll
back the SP1 and manually install the indivdual patches
but can find no reference to the one that stole this
functionality! My client is peaved, they are a $100
million dollar company that faxes hundreds of invoices
nightly from my software and now the faxing on 1 modem
backs up invoices going to customers for up to a week due
to the volume. This is messing with corporate cash flow!

Help please - we want what we paid for in XP Pro back!
Thanks,
Bruce Racht
Five-M Software
Anonymous
April 5, 2004 7:31:56 PM

With all due respect, the Windows XP Fax service was NEVER MEANT for
anything remotely like commercial duty, it is a stand alone, single user
system that is really limited in ability. May I suggest that this "$100
million dollar company" invest in a fax system designed for this kind of
service? Small Business Server and Windows Server 2003 come to mind right
away, however, there's a list of group fax services here:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/groupfax.htm
Group Fax Services

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC NBC-IN

"Bruce Racht" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> SP1 reduced functionality by eliminating the ability to
> use mulitple modems for concurrent faxing. I want to roll
> back the SP1 and manually install the indivdual patches
> but can find no reference to the one that stole this
> functionality! My client is peaved, they are a $100
> million dollar company that faxes hundreds of invoices
> nightly from my software and now the faxing on 1 modem
> backs up invoices going to customers for up to a week due
> to the volume. This is messing with corporate cash flow!
>
> Help please - we want what we paid for in XP Pro back!
> Thanks,
> Bruce Racht
> Five-M Software
Anonymous
April 6, 2004 3:37:46 PM

With all due respect to you Hal we reasearch and advise
which products will meet our clients needs at the best
cost. Your views are wrong and of no assistance in this
matter.

I have many other clients running VSI Fax on SCO, Sun,
Linux and others using Zetafax. The use of XP Pro was a
prudent choice given the published capabilities and past
installs with many other clients. Given that it took 5
hours of calls, bounced back and forth between pre-sales
and technical support, to answer the simple
question "what product will support concurrent faxing?"
shows they do not think of their installed client base
when the do things such as this.

In the future if you do not have contructive comments
regarding the posted matter please refrain from replying.

Bruce Racht
Five-M Software Systems Corp.

wrote in message
>> SP1 reduced functionality by eliminating the ability to
>> use mulitple modems for concurrent faxing. I want to
roll
>> back the SP1 and manually install the indivdual patches
>> but can find no reference to the one that stole this
>> functionality! My client is peaved, they are a $100
>> million dollar company that faxes hundreds of invoices
>> nightly from my software and now the faxing on 1 modem
>> backs up invoices going to customers for up to a week
due
>> to the volume. This is messing with corporate cash
flow!

>> Help please - we want what we paid for in XP Pro back!
>> Thanks,
>> Bruce Racht
>> Five-M Software
>

>.

April 6, 2004 9:48:57 PM

I'm just curious. What research convinced you that Windows XP Fax was
designed to be capable of this type of commercial application? What did SP1
do that disabled concurrent faxing?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> With all due respect to you Hal we reasearch and advise
> which products will meet our clients needs at the best
> cost. Your views are wrong and of no assistance in this
> matter.
>
> I have many other clients running VSI Fax on SCO, Sun,
> Linux and others using Zetafax. The use of XP Pro was a
> prudent choice given the published capabilities and past
> installs with many other clients. Given that it took 5
> hours of calls, bounced back and forth between pre-sales
> and technical support, to answer the simple
> question "what product will support concurrent faxing?"
> shows they do not think of their installed client base
> when the do things such as this.
>
> In the future if you do not have contructive comments
> regarding the posted matter please refrain from replying.
>
> Bruce Racht
> Five-M Software Systems Corp.

Anonymous
April 7, 2004 2:44:05 AM

I don't think Hal's views are wrong! You sound like you have issues Bruce.
It is apparent you don't do a very good job researching and advising on
product. Let go of the anger....

!