XP Pro SP1 Disabled multiple device fax sending

SP1 reduced functionality by eliminating the ability to
use mulitple modems for concurrent faxing. I want to roll
back the SP1 and manually install the indivdual patches
but can find no reference to the one that stole this
functionality! My client is peaved, they are a $100
million dollar company that faxes hundreds of invoices
nightly from my software and now the faxing on 1 modem
backs up invoices going to customers for up to a week due
to the volume. This is messing with corporate cash flow!

Help please - we want what we paid for in XP Pro back!
Thanks,
Bruce Racht
Five-M Software
4 answers Last reply
More about disabled multiple device sending

    With all due respect, the Windows XP Fax service was NEVER MEANT for
    anything remotely like commercial duty, it is a stand alone, single user
    system that is really limited in ability. May I suggest that this "$100
    million dollar company" invest in a fax system designed for this kind of
    service? Small Business Server and Windows Server 2003 come to mind right
    away, however, there's a list of group fax services here:

    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/groupfax.htm
    Group Fax Services

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC NBC-IN

    "Bruce Racht" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > SP1 reduced functionality by eliminating the ability to
    > use mulitple modems for concurrent faxing. I want to roll
    > back the SP1 and manually install the indivdual patches
    > but can find no reference to the one that stole this
    > functionality! My client is peaved, they are a $100
    > million dollar company that faxes hundreds of invoices
    > nightly from my software and now the faxing on 1 modem
    > backs up invoices going to customers for up to a week due
    > to the volume. This is messing with corporate cash flow!
    >
    > Help please - we want what we paid for in XP Pro back!
    > Thanks,
    > Bruce Racht
    > Five-M Software

    With all due respect to you Hal we reasearch and advise
    which products will meet our clients needs at the best
    cost. Your views are wrong and of no assistance in this
    matter.

    I have many other clients running VSI Fax on SCO, Sun,
    Linux and others using Zetafax. The use of XP Pro was a
    prudent choice given the published capabilities and past
    installs with many other clients. Given that it took 5
    hours of calls, bounced back and forth between pre-sales
    and technical support, to answer the simple
    question "what product will support concurrent faxing?"
    shows they do not think of their installed client base
    when the do things such as this.

    In the future if you do not have contructive comments
    regarding the posted matter please refrain from replying.

    Bruce Racht
    Five-M Software Systems Corp.

    wrote in message
    >> SP1 reduced functionality by eliminating the ability to
    >> use mulitple modems for concurrent faxing. I want to
    roll
    >> back the SP1 and manually install the indivdual patches
    >> but can find no reference to the one that stole this
    >> functionality! My client is peaved, they are a $100
    >> million dollar company that faxes hundreds of invoices
    >> nightly from my software and now the faxing on 1 modem
    >> backs up invoices going to customers for up to a week
    due
    >> to the volume. This is messing with corporate cash
    flow!

    >> Help please - we want what we paid for in XP Pro back!
    >> Thanks,
    >> Bruce Racht
    >> Five-M Software
    >

    >.

    I'm just curious. What research convinced you that Windows XP Fax was
    designed to be capable of this type of commercial application? What did SP1
    do that disabled concurrent faxing?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    > With all due respect to you Hal we reasearch and advise
    > which products will meet our clients needs at the best
    > cost. Your views are wrong and of no assistance in this
    > matter.
    >
    > I have many other clients running VSI Fax on SCO, Sun,
    > Linux and others using Zetafax. The use of XP Pro was a
    > prudent choice given the published capabilities and past
    > installs with many other clients. Given that it took 5
    > hours of calls, bounced back and forth between pre-sales
    > and technical support, to answer the simple
    > question "what product will support concurrent faxing?"
    > shows they do not think of their installed client base
    > when the do things such as this.
    >
    > In the future if you do not have contructive comments
    > regarding the posted matter please refrain from replying.
    >
    > Bruce Racht
    > Five-M Software Systems Corp.

    I don't think Hal's views are wrong! You sound like you have issues Bruce.
    It is apparent you don't do a very good job researching and advising on
    product. Let go of the anger....

Fax Devices Windows XP