Trouble installing Western Digital HD

I purchased a 120gig WD hd and installed it in my wife's Compaq 5105rsh
(Athlon 1.1 running Win XP). The drive is recognized no problem. The issue
is trying to copy the files from the present C drive to the new drive.
When I try to do that with the Data Lifeguard Tools the drive then will not
boot up. I've also tried using Copy Commander to no success. Is there
another way to do this? Any recognized problems using WD in a Compaq?

HC

hh

Are you copying the image of C: to the new drive? Was Fdisk run on the new
drive and an active partition set?
HH

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you copying the image of C: to the new drive? Was Fdisk run on the new
> drive and an active partition set?
> HH
>
> "Happy Camper" <dcwhitemannospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I purchased a 120gig WD hd and installed it in my wife's Compaq 5105rsh
> > (Athlon 1.1 running Win XP). The drive is recognized no problem. The
> issue
> > is trying to copy the files from the present C drive to the new drive.
> > When I try to do that with the Data Lifeguard Tools the drive then will
> not
> > boot up. I've also tried using Copy Commander to no success. Is there
> > another way to do this? Any recognized problems using WD in a Compaq?
> >
> > HC

Got it worked out. The software was putting 3 partitions on the drive, 2
FAT32 and 1 NTFS. I chose the advanced option and had it make only one
partition like the original drive. That did the trick.

HC