Microsoft's Collapsible Touch Mouse Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I actually do live near Bloomington. A Bloomington, anyway. Not buying it, though. What's the selling point? There are more portable, and better functioning mice out there for less money.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Ummm, too bad MS is not "our boy", or we would be hearing about this crap almost as much as we hear of similar efforts by crapple's US media's poster boy, Mr Jobs--The Super Con Artist.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
stingstang - bloomington, Illinois?

and actually tacoslave, I've tried out a similar microsoft mouse ( an arc mouse with a folding back) and it is very comfortable. and definitely stylish

deletemach_kernel

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
would like to see how much it costs here .else its the roccat pyra wireless or razer mamba for me....

this looks stylish.... if it is cheaper may acutally give it a shot..... the women in the house might love it

i_am_aronman

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]stingstang - bloomington, Illinois?and actually tacoslave, I've tried out a similar microsoft mouse ( an arc mouse with a folding back) and it is very comfortable. and definitely stylish[/citation]
Yea but it does look uncomfortable, its nice to know somebody has tried it though to know otherwise. I am not sure how much i like the touch feature though, it seems like you could accidentally scroll when you don't want to and such. i guess i would have to try it though.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
@i_am_aronman

The scroll is done by a kind of separate touch strip in the middle. Software can tell casual finger motion from holding the mouse apart from an intended scroll motion.

And it's pretty comfy. Ergonomics was a big design factor.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
@ i_am_aronman. I didn't try the model with touch sensitive feature, but it had the same arc design, just solid buttons.

and @ TomTomz. interesting to know :) i'm about 30 minutes from there

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]If Apple came out with this it would be the next best thing in the world.[/citation]

Actually, they would never produce anything like this for a couple of reasons: 1) it is black, and 2) it is not aesthetically pleasing. Besides, Apple is moving towards tactile devices. Their Magic Mouse uses multi-touch technology, and the Trackpad completely replaces the need for a mouse.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]Actually, they would never produce anything like this for a couple of reasons: 1) it is black, and 2) it is not aesthetically pleasing. Besides, Apple is moving towards tactile devices. Their Magic Mouse uses multi-touch technology, and the Trackpad completely replaces the need for a mouse.[/citation]

I find the ArcMouse to be very asthetically pleasing. More so than apples magic mouse which just kinda looks like cheap plastic paperweight. But yeah, it's black.

I think you mean Apple is moving AWAY from tactile devices. There is nothing tactile about touch devices by themselves. They produce no sense of touch like a mechanical button does.

By contrast the ArcMouse has vibration tied to it's touch sensitive scroll wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS