GlobalWin FOP 32-1 Loud?

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Im about to get one and I read that there kinda loud. In a case with 5 other fans am I likely to notice the difference? Im not terribly concerned with noise but I dont want a jet engine in my computer either.
Also, is the thermal tape that comes on it good enough, or is it really that worth it to get some artic silver?

TBird 800 - Asus A7V 1005a
256 PC133 - Maxtor 45GB ATA100
Radeon 32DDR - SB Live MP3+

G

I can't tell you any numbers but it IS loud. We just installed onto an Athlon 800 (usual MIDI-Tower with Geforce, 300 W). Even with a closed case it terribly noisy. Imagine it is ALWAYS running, even if you don't need that cooling level (maybe you do sometimes WORK with your computer). I would not put this on my CPU. Sorry.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is louder than a golden orb it have tried but then it cools better too. It is not as loud as the fop38. I like it. I have 5 fans, 1 powersupply with two fans, and the case closed. With this much cooling, its hard to be quiet. But I do like the FOP32 and I wouldn't consider overclocking without it.

G

I made a spead sheet on CPU fans before I started selling them and the FOP 32 and in my opinion is one of the best. It is a noisey fan but I have 4 computers on 24/7 next to me and I am use to it. I would not o/c without it.

G

I just bought one last week and can honestly tell you that
it is a very quite fan. The fan noise doesn't exceed the noise level of my 2 case fans. But more importantly it does a great job in cooling my thunderbird 1.1g. Before this I was using the Thermaltake Chrome Orb which didn't perform as well as would have liked. The GlobalWin FOP 32-1 decreased my Cpu core of about 6-7 degrees celsius.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i have one now and while it kinda sounds like a jet engine, i like it, puts me to sleep at night. dropped my core temp by about 10 deg. C over a coolmaster, im overclockin once i det a small enough pencil

<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = <font color=red>IDIOT</font color=red> Outside
:wink:

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thats because the 38 uses an Alpha fan, if a 32 had an alpha fan it would be the same as a 38 (or so I believe). BTW, it runs about 4 deg cooler, not 10, I need to get some Artic Silver to achieve some real results.

<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = <font color=red>IDIOT</font color=red> Outside
:wink:

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
technically you are right, but the name of the super loud fan is the delta fan, incase anyone wants to pick one up.

It's great, and it reminds me of a hair dryer. heh heh