Fax printers inaccessible

April 5, 2004 7:39:11 PM

I'm using Win XP on a Compaq Presario with a Lucent modem.
For some reason I am unable to fax when I used to be able
to. The Fax console indicates "all fax printers
inaccessible" and the fax Printer status indicates a
"connection error"
The modem seems to be working, according to the device
manager, the phone line works throught the modem. I need
some help. anyone knows what is going on?
Anonymous
April 5, 2004 9:22:11 PM

You need to install Windows XP Service Pack 1. Certain registry keys on
which Fax depends can be wiped out by certain update or repair operations in
XP and causes this behavior. SP1 fixes the problem. Alternatively:

1. Save the attachment to this post (or paste the text between dashed lines
at the bottom of this message into Notepad and save it).

2. Rename it RPCProt.reg

3. Go to Windows Explorer and double-click on RPCProt.reg - this would apply
the key to the registry (assuming that Merge is the default action).

3a. If double clicking the RENAMED file opens Notepad or WordPad, go to
'Start|Run', type REGEDIT, click OK, then go to 'File|Import' and navigate
to the file.

4. Stop and then restart the fax service.

The contents of the attached file:
--------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols]
"ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncacn_http"="rpcrt4.dll"
-------------------------------------

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC NBC-IN

"SeniorSirjoe" <SeniorSirjoe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Win XP on a Compaq Presario with a Lucent modem.
> For some reason I am unable to fax when I used to be able
> to. The Fax console indicates "all fax printers
> inaccessible" and the fax Printer status indicates a
> "connection error"
> The modem seems to be working, according to the device
> manager, the phone line works throught the modem. I need
> some help. anyone knows what is going on?

begin 666 RPCProt.txt
M__Y7`&D`;@!D`&\`=P!S`" `4@!E`&<`:0!S`'0`<@!Y`" `10!D`&D`= !O
M`'(`( !6`&4`<@!S`&D`;P!N`" `-0`N`# `, `-``H`#0`*`%L`2 !+`$4`
M60!?`$P`3P!#`$$`3 !?`$T`00!#`$@`20!.`$4`7 !3`$\`1@!4`%<`00!2
M`$4`7 !-`&D`8P!R`&\`<P!O`&8`= !<`%(`< !C`%P`0P!L`&D`90!N`'0`
M4 !R`&\`= !O`&,`;P!L`',`70`-``H`(@!N`&,`80!C`&X`7P!N`' `(@`]
M`&,`80!D`&<`7P!I`' `7P!U`&0`< `B`#T`(@!R`' `8P!R`'0`- `N`&0`
`
end
October 20, 2010 4:15:46 AM

I searched for days because my fax did not work, it kept on saying "All fax printers are inaccessible", or "Microsoft Shared Fax Printer not installed", or "The Fax service on local computer started and then stop", etc. I tried everything, uninstalled then installed Fax Services in Windows components (and I couldn't install it back and the fax printer just disappeared, lucky I could restore the WinXP to get it back). At last I remembered it said fax started and then stopped because it had no work to do in Alert and Performance log, so I clicked Start, then Run, then typed msconfig then go to Services and ticked on "Error Reporting Sevice" and "Event Log", then rebooted, and the fax works perfectly. Hope this will help
!